N I N E T E E N

"I think you confused emotional with sensual."

I paused, looking up at him. "Maybe clingy too."

Ever since I had made a drink for Isaac, doing something light since he hardly ever drank anything, he hadn't left my side since.

I vividly remember him telling me that he was an emotional drinker, which very well might be true. Maybe it took a while for the emotional side to kick in.

At this moment, we were in the kitchen.

Everyone was hanging around and talking. My brother and Cam sitting together on the couch, Layla and Easton out in the driveway, talking to each other in her jeep.

I knew that they still weren't together, but it seemed like Easton was getting closer and closer to the moment that he would ask her out.

I wasn't sure if he would though, and Layla wasn't either. They had already been together, broken up, been together again, and broken up for the last time.

It was no doubt that they were in love, but I'm guessing the relationship title wasn't written out for them.

There was still a small glint of hope for a second chance.

Laken was outside smoking of course. I had been with him most of the night, but I had came back inside and that was when I was met with Isaac for the past ten minutes.

Couldn't say I didn't like this side of him.

But it always felt so real.

I had a thought that he had been having feelings for me all along based on the vague comments he would say and the way he would act, but then again, I just thought I was full of myself.

But I also realized that us being in this fake relationship did truly give us an excuse to date each other and act like we liked each other.

Layla was right.

I knew for a fact that it always felt different whenever I was around him.

This time around it felt so much different.

All of it was too real.

I did want to take my chances with this and see where it went, but I would be breaking the first rule.

I didn't like to lose games.

"I think people would think something was up if I wasn't hanging out my girlfriend." He told me.

"Fake," I whispered, flicking his forearm while I reminded him of that again.

My back was leaned against the counter while Isaac stood in front of me. His hands on either side of mine that were also on the back of the counter.

He didn't say much in response of that, just looking at me in my eyes.

His eyes were the sight to see.

His hazel eyes.

They were predominantly green in color, with a subtle hint of brown.