S E V E N T E E N

Isaac Hale

"WHATEVER happens out there," Laken said, putting on his shoulder pads. "Give me the fucking ball."

We were in the locker room, getting ready for the game that was about to happen in an hour.

It was Laken's last game.

Shit wouldn't be the same without him.

"The quarterback touches the ball on almost every offensive play, dumbass," Kade put his jersey on.

"Watch me throw the ball to Isaac and not you." Laken told him.

"I'm not opposed to that," I said, a small smile coming to my face.

A dry laugh came from Louis as he was across the room, getting dressed.

Almost immediately, Kade and Laken looked over in that direction before looking back to each other, shaking their heads.

"Don't be pissed because you can't get in the game," Laken told him, not giving a fuck if Louis was gonna get mad. "Keep it cool though. You'll get some play time when I'm gone."

It was Laken's last day here so there was no problem in him giving Louis the time of day that he clearly asked for every other day.

"He already be getting playtime with Brooke when he skipping practice. Don't see what other time he want," KT mentioned.

"Keep her name out your mouth." Louis shut his locker.

"Keep her pussy out your mouth," Easton said back, simply lifting his shoulders. He was sitting down on the bench, running a hand through his hair. "You have a thing for girls that have been passed around the school two times."

"What's the problem with me actually giving her the love and respect she deserves?" Louis furrowed his brows. "Sucks that her first boyfriend couldn't do that shit right."

Didn't take much to understand that he was directing that at me.

I couldn't understand why he had a huge ass problem with me when I hadn't said shit to him in the past month. I kept it cordial between us.

I wanted things to run smoothly for the teams sake.

It took a lot for me not to say shit to him, but it was either me keeping quiet or me getting kicked off the team.

I knew I was gonna say something I would regret, which would eventually lead to shit.

I let air out of my nose in the form of a laugh.

I wasn't going to address it if he wasn't going to directly say it to me. He had a thing for beating around the bush.

"Something funny, Isaac?" He spoke up, looking at me.

"We're all laughing at you," Laken said. "Don't just single him out."

"If you want to fuck Brooke, just say that," Louis laughed before looking at all of us. "You guys bring her name up every day."

"Nobody wants her," I spoke up, saying something before Laken had the chance to. "I promise you, she's all yours, bro."

"I don't think that you would have to tell me that," He said, getting cocky. "Pretty sure she was mine since New Years."

I paused.

Even Laken had looked up.

Since New Years?