F O U R T E E N

THE week had gone by extremely fast.

One moment I was in school, working my ass off so I could at least have a d when report cards came home, and the next it was the evening of Halloween.

I came to school late, hanging out with my mom since we hadn't really spent time with each other for a moment.

I had received a lot of calls from my family members, even the pastor at church telling me happy birthday.

Crazy.

I was in the bathroom in my room, finishing up my makeup. I did more than I usually do which was a little more than natural makeup. I added more steps to give me more of a soft glam look.

Camila and my brother were in my room, waiting for me to get finished so we could head over to Isaac's house, just down the street.

Usually it was Laken who was throwing a party, but as Isaac said, he was going to be a good boyfriend and let me have a nice birthday.

I didn't really want to go to a party which is weird because I'm always out at parties. But going out would be much better than hanging out at home alone, watching Halloween movies which I had done for the past four years.

I heard a camera click, like someone had taken a picture.

"Wait," Cam said, slight laughter in her tone. "I look so fucking bad from that angle. People are gonna think you have an ugly girlfriend."

Yeah, what a surprise that no one saw coming. My brother had asked Camila out the day before her birthday.

My brother slightly laughed. "How many times do I have to tell you that you look good in every angle?"

I zipped up my makeup bag, tuning their conversation out.

I looked at myself in the mirror, fixing the ends of my curly hair. It rested down past my shoulders. My curls were pretty loose, just a little curlier than wavy. It didn't bother me since it was easy to manage.

I was wearing a black mini skirt with a black bralette. For my shoes I was wearing black heels.

I didn't end up buying the witch hat, but I did have something in mind.

I took my phone in my hand and walked out the bathroom, going towards my bed to plug my phone up.

Kade raised his brows when he saw me. "You're wearing that?"

"I'm eighteen, shut the fuck up."

He raised his hand up in defense, not saying anything.

Camila laughed, taking her hand and covering his mouth. She was sitting in his lap.

One arm was around his neck while she used her other hand to cover his lips. "I think you look so pretty."

She was wearing a short green skirt that had a high slit up her thigh. You could see her white sparkly heels that she wore.

She wore a purple bikini top that was tie string and tied behind her neck. Her long black hair was crimped. In her hair was a cute fake starfish.

Her makeup looked really nice as well.

My brother wore black dress pants and a white button down shirt that she the few first buttons undone. He had on a sailor cap on his messy curly hair.