T W E N T Y T H R E E

"I would much rather be at home then going out."

"Never thought I would hear those words leave your mouth," Isaac brought attention to my words. "Also, this is my house."

"Yeah, my home is with you."

He paused for a moment, not believing my words, but not pressing the subject anymore. He ran a hand through his hair, giving his curls a messier look.

"Everyone really wants you to go."

"No," I replied, shaking my head as I met his eyes in the bathroom mirror. "They really want you to go."

I was in the bathroom with him, waiting for him to finish getting ready so we could get going.

"Ace," He called my name, finding himself smiling as he met my gaze. "Come on, it'll be fun. We don't have to stay the whole time."

We were supposed to drive down to Long Beach to see the fireworks down at the waterfront. It was only a twenty minute drive but I would much rather feel like staying at Isaac's house.

We hadn't really been doing anything but just hanging out.

I would never actually believe the fact that I could just sit there and be content with Isaac's presence.

Exactly four months before, I hated everything about him.

I guess now I could tolerate him more.

It was more so the fact that sometimes I couldn't decipher if I truly liked him or if I just wanted to punch him in the throat.

Either way, he had me on the tips of my toes around him.

"I really hope you're right about this," I sighed, placing my car keys on the counter while I turned around, facing him. I crossed my arms.

We were the only ones at his house. His parents weren't here. They usually were always gone.

I knew his dad worked a lot, but his mom just seemed to avoid him altogether.

"When am I ever wrong about things?" He questioned me, looking down as he met my eye.

"I could count several times," I answered, looking up at him. I fixed the ends of my white blouse.

"Like when?" He questioned more, a smile coming to his lips as he subtly tilted his head. His hand came up to the silver necklace around my neck that had an infinity sign in the middle.

I crossed my arms, not having to think about a lot. "You were wrong about us, for starters."

"How so?"

I lifted my shoulders. "You assumed we wouldn't break the rules. The two simple rules."

He found himself smiling as his hand traveled to the back of my neck, pulling me into a kiss.

His lips against mine, kissing me leisurely, like only we mattered in the moment.

I kept my arms between us for a moment before going around his waist. I used one hand to hold the wrist of my other as my head was tilted up, continuing to kiss Isaac.

His body was against mine. Feelings sparking off and thoughts swarming our heads.

I felt his hand against my neck and his body pressed into mine.

His lips smiled against me as I brought my hands to his chest, pushing him.

"We have somewhere to go," I reminded him, trying to stay on task, even though I knew I wanted to kiss him.