T W E N T Y E I G H T

PROM snuck up on all of us.

One moment we were on spring break enjoying those weeks we had off in March and April while swimming in Shasta Lake.

Next it was the end of May. Prom.

At first, it was very chaotic in my house. Everyone was trying to do their hair, do makeup, and help out on things.

Now, we were just taking pictures before we would be going downstairs to see the guys who waited downstairs for us.

I know, it was surprising that I was going, especially going on the absences I racked up and how many times I've been in in school suspension.

Even though there were high requirements on being able to attend prom, Atkins decided on letting us go since it had been a tough year.

Plus, it was our last year here. Why not enjoy it?

Layla and I were able to pick up a prom dress at the last minute with Camila, and here we are now.

We stood in front of my mirror, Camila standing behind me with her arms around me.

Layla was facing me, her body pressed against me as she had one arm around me while in her other was her phone, using the mirror to reflect a picture of us.

Cam wore a blush pink mermaid dress that was backless with criss cross ties, and had spaghetti straps. It also had sequins in it. She paired it with gold ankle strap heels.

Her black hair was full of thick curls and was half up half down.

She had a nice soft glam makeup look with light pink eyeshadow that matched her dress and pink painted nails.

Layla wore a champagne formal dress with thin straps over her shoulders and a slit up her right leg. She wore nude heels with it.

Her makeup was a soft glam look and her hair was pin straight and went down her back.

I was wearing a blue corset, backless dress that had spaghetti straps and a slit up my right leg that reached about mid thigh. I wore white lace up heels with it.

My makeup was done and my hair was straightened, resting down my shoulders.

"This one's a keeper," Layla said, leaning away for a moment as she looked at the picture on her phone.

"Ready to have notifications coming from Easton replying to guys in the comment section?" I asked, placing my hands on my hips with a tilt of my head.

"I might just have to disable my comments," Layla sighed, fingers tapping at the screen as she was about to post a few pictures we had taken.

I turned around slightly, Cam still leaning against me as I heard footsteps at the doorway.

Kade was wearing a black suit with a light pink tie that matched Camila's dress. He has gotten a haircut prior to prom and he has actually did his curl routine to look better.

"It's been like twenty minutes," KT tapped his wrist, no watch found. "Are you ready?"

He was supposed to be waiting downstairs like I had said.

I walked away from Cam, her arms slipping off of me as I walked towards him.

"Dude," I said, putting my hands on his chest as I started to push him. "Get out."

"I can't see my girlfriend?"

"No," I told him, pushing him out of my room. "Think of it as a wedding. You can't see the bride until she's fully ready."