T W E N T Y

Isaac Hale

IT had been almost a month since Laken had left and since KT and Ace got into a fight with two college kids.

I still couldn't believe I had missed it.

Not only that, if I hadn't been drinking I could've probably been downstairs when Kade was beginning to have issues with the guy.

I hated drinking. It made you feel like you had no control over your body.

Finals were coming up and I had been with Asra for the most part. It was surprising how much she had improved in math.

I can admit, I thought she was going to fail.

When we weren't together, she was balancing out her time with my dad and the rest of her family. It was pretty explanatory since she hadn't seen him in a good year, so she was making up for the time that was lost.

Next week would be Christmas break. I wasn't really sure what I would be doing during that time.

I would rather be out then being around my parents.

It was also the time where you would be getting acceptance letters. You would most likely be finding out this month in December or January.

I applied to a few colleges here in Cali, but I wasn't quite sure where I would end up. I just knew that I didn't really want to leave the state.

I felt like I would be leaving a lot of things behind.

After acceptance letters, you would most likely be cruising through school, enjoying the few breaks we had, and possibly taking some exams. Prom would be in May and Graduation in June.

It was crazy how fast the year had been.

"I'd rather go upstairs and check," I said. "If I don't get in, it's gonna be embarrassing."

Everyone was at my house, hanging out in the den. Easton sat on the couch with Layla laying on him. A blanket was over them.

I sat on the floor, my back resting against the front of the couch.

Camila was on the floor, Kade laying his head in her lap while she messed with his hair.

"College scouts look at you almost every game and you make straight A's. I'm not seeing the fact on why you won't get in." Asra said, fully confident in me about the acceptance letters.

I looked over the laptop that rested on my legs. She was sitting across from me on the floor, her legs crossed while a toddler sat in her lap.

He was my younger brother from my dad's side. He always stayed with his mom, my dad wanting nothing to do with him.

It made sense since he was the one who had the affair.

It was surprising on how my mom didn't care when she found out. I'm guessing it was the fact that it was a one time thing, from what we know. Also the fact on how my dad makes good money to the point where my mom doesn't have to work.

Tate ended up coming over because his mom had to work overtime and couldn't find a babysitter.

It was only fair that he came over because at the end of the day, he was still my dad's child.

Of course my dad was working when he came over. My mom ended up leaving and going out somewhere, not wanting to have the responsibility of taking care of the product of my dad's affair.

My whole family was fucked.

It left me having to take care of him. I didn't mind it since he technically was my half brother. I just hardly saw him so him unless I came over when I needed a break from my family.