F I F T E E N

Isaac Hale

LAST night seemed surreal.

It was around two in the morning and I hadn't went to sleep since.

She just wouldn't leave my mind.

I knew it was bad since everything between us was supposed to be a game, but something felt different about it.

It just came easy.

"That's everything," Asra said from my living room. She had stayed over, helping clean up.

Easton and Layla were gone and Kade was at home. He ended up having to call an uber for Camila.

One because she was drunk, and two since she needed to get home before her parents did. They were strict.

Laken was just off the grid.

I knew something was bothering him, but he wouldn't say a word to me or anyone on the team. I knew that if anyone had to know anything about what was up with him, it would be Asra.

They knew everything about each other.

"I think you're gonna need a new couch."

"What?" I said, looking over. I was in the den using a black trash bag to pick up party cups and alcohol cans.

I had closed the den off. Not fucking sure why people were still in it.

I needed to get this shit up before my parents came home for their business trip. If she ever found out, something I wouldn't even wanna think about would happen.

At the end of the day, it was a relieving feeling to remember that I would be graduating this year.

I had already applied to a lot of colleges already since Junior year, so I was pretty much only waiting for acceptance letters.

I had my mind on USC for a while.

After grabbing the last can and tossing it in the trash bag, I walked out, walking over to where the main living room was.

Her hands rested on her hips as she looked over at the couch.

She still wore her costume. The black heels adding to her short height, mini skirt showing off her thighs, and the words on her top showing exactly why certain people had a problem with her.

She was killing me slowly.

I walked over to where she was standing and looked at what she was looking at.

I sighed, letting out a breath. "What the fuck am I gonna do?"

She could only lift her shoulders, looking up at me and letting her brown eyes rest on mine.

I looked away from the couch, looking down at her.

As I looked at her, every detail became etched into my memory.

The way her eyes held an enigmatic charm, drawing me in like a flame.

The gaze we held was a revelation.

Asra Terrano was art. She was everything.

"I mean, you could use vodka, maybe baking soda," She suggested, bringing her hand to scratch the back of her neck, disappearing into her curly hair. "That's what I did when KT ruined our couch."

My brows came together as I stared at her, trying to process what she said.

"Not his proudest moment," She noted, walking away from me.

I watched her walk off, going over to the kitchen. I looked after her a moment before following too, leaving the trash bag beside the couch.

"He's sixteen, right?" I referred to her statement earlier.