11 - Ehsaas

Mustasim lifted the two suitcases as though it weighed nothing, and placed it on the bed before her. Then took a seat next to it on the bed, taking his phone and wallet out of his pocket to place on his bedside table, nestling onto his side.

Meerab knew that suitcases were unpacked at the point of her baraat coming to take her, so she didn't know what her mother Nazia had shoved in there. She unzipped it -pushing the two halves open, then opening mesh netting seperating the two halfs, leaning over and Murtasim watched her as she concentrated in deciphering which belongings her mother had packed in her trove.

She began to rummage around for the things she would need. Pyjamas, a towel, toothpaste and some basic skin care.

She could feel Murtasims gaze on her and she began to feel flustered. She wanted to refocus his attention on himself so she asked, 'What were you doing the hospital today?' With a lilt of intrigue.

He chose not the answer that question and he followed her hands, working deftly at unzipping and peaking through the folded garments.

'What was the emegency? Is someone unwell?' Meerab probing as though she had any interest.

Murtasim, not concentrating on her words, hummed as something caught his eye, something silky, appearings alluring to touch.

'Whats with the drilling?' Meerab continued, hoping he would indulge her. She was expecting a yes or no answer, but instead he replied with, 'Black is my favourite colour.'

She looked at him with her eyebrows furrowed in confusion, she hadent asked for that. She stopped what she was doing and titled her head, waiting for him to elabroate. 'Kya.' (What.)

Thats when his index finger reached into her suitcase and lifted up a silkly vest top from the thin shoulder strap. Then matching and the matching short too. It looked like it glistened at the light caught on it, the cloth hung with elegance and his mind wandered to how it would hang on her frame too.

She gasped as saw what he was holding and she snatched them back off him. 'Hey. Thats not for you,' she chided in a hurry.

'You bought them for youself?' He asked in a huskier voice, with raised his suggestive eyebrows and she became flustered. He missed the way the fabric felt in his hand already.

She threw him a glance of discust at the idea that she could have bought them for him to see. She decided she had to halt his imagination so she reminded him, ' Tumein yaad hai jo mainay kal kaha tha?' Stopping him in his reverie. ( You do remeber what i told you yesterday?)

That had made his mood drop and he sat back in his place and exhaled. 'Mazaak kar raha tha yaar,' he replied, the teasing had ceased. ( I was joking yaar.)

'I'm not laughing though,' she retorted. Nazia hadent been happy when Murtasim had come to take her so why did she pack her pretty pyjamas. 'Pata nahi mama ne yeh kapre andhar kyun rakhe,' she thought out loud. ( I don't know why my mum put these in here)

What a thoughtful mother in law, Murtasim reasoned. He decided to made a dua for her, 'Allah mere saas ko sahee salamat rakhe. Ameen,' his voice dreamy and hopeful, as though it was genuine ( Allah grant my mother in law good health.)

Her mum had betrayed her. So she turned and took her frustration out of the man who was prasing her. 'Murtasim! You keep making jokes like that, i'll make you sleep on that sofa!' She snapped.

Meerab shoved the silky set back inside with no intention of progressing this relationship to be physical.

She rummaged around trying to find a cotton top and pyjamas set but there was none. She was tired and uncomfortable in this suit now- but it was better than a silk vest and short set. Main yehi kapre pehn kar sou loungi ( I'll just wear these clothes) - she told herself.