35 - Ghaflat

A little smut!

The orgasm had provided Meerab with an ounce of clarity, and the untimely denial of his own pleasure after the hard day, had caused slight heart break- how did everything go so wrong in a single statement? How easily he had assumed that she was coerced, or unduly pressurised, rather than simply advised. She pondered whether it was difficult for him to accept that she reciprocated his kindness with kindness? Why wouldnt she want to return the favour of an orgasm?

Meerab had already cleaned up and changed into some plain sleepwear, but his words kept both of them up that night.

'When you become my wife, it'll be because you want to, pyar se, chahat se....kisi ke kehne pe nahi.'

Their minds clouded in internal turmoil, but their breathing was not quite slow enough to feign slumber. So her hand danced across the mattress to find his hand, but she was met with the hard of his back instead- curled up away from her, as if in disappointment.

On contact, the gentle melody of his breathing stopped, and Meerab whispered, 'are you awake?,' softly, as to not to disturb the silence.

Rather than formulating a reply, he twisted in his position, coming to find her cocooned in the blanket up to her ears, her doe eyes wide awake.

His hand immediately came out to her head peaking out of the comforter, as if it had become his second nature to comfort her. 'Are you okay? Dard ho raha hai?' He asked in a hushed tone, and obvious lilt of concern at the aftermath of being touched by him for the first time. (Are you in pain?)

'A little, but it was worth it,' she assured, and there was no regret in her voice. The corners of her mouth pulled at his care, despite his own aching heart.

Even in the darkness of the room, could see his eyebrows raise, as if to urge her to spill the actual worries that prevented sleep from taking her.

'Mainay khud kiya tha phone. Kisi ke kehne pe nahi aayi thi chath pe,' she reassured in a low volume, almost shyly. There was free will behind her actions, her own initiative. (I called you myself, not because anybody made me to.)

Then he assumed that she felt caught out. 'Yaar, it's alright,' he soothed, not believing her. Why would she come on her own accord after he stampeded her dreams in the car?

She shuffled up slightly, preparing her defence statement. 'Bas, Nano ne kaha tha that you were stressed, tou socha tumse baat karloi,' she relayed, eyes flickering over his features to find an inkling of trust or acceptance of her words. (Nano said that you're stressed. So I thought you would like to talk.)

He nodded, his arm folding and hand coming behind his head.

'Kya hua tha? Kahan jaatey hou?,' she quizzed in a hopeful lilt, seeking out his worries as though she could help. (What happened? Where did you go?)

He always seemed stressed, so his behaviour in the car wasn't particularly out of the ordinary to her- and he remained silent at those questions too, not wanting her to get hurt in the cross fire in the conflicts between their clans.

The world seemed empty- consisting of only them two in the darkness of their bed.

She huffed at being ignored. 'Mujhay kaisay patta chaleyga agar tum bataoge nahi?,' she asked, her question carrying the undertone of frustration, as though she was knocking on a brick wall, rather than a door. (How will I know if you won't share things with me?)

To distract her, he twisted the question on her. 'Tum batati ho?,' he asked, as though she has been hiding facts too. (Do you share everything?)

She scooted closer, and asked, 'Kya nahi batati?' Her mind instantly skipping to Saba, and she wondered if Murtasim had suspicions of Rohail. (What don't I tell you?)