33 - Iltija

Firstly, a PSA about the FF, due to comments on the previous chapter. Qubool Hai is an angsty book, you got that from the first chapter. The same sort of contention, balanced with romance, is what made Tere Bin so enjoyable- I believe.

My other two fics have 'nicer' interpretations of Murtasim and Meerab, which you could switch to, if you dont like this.

Here, they both have strong characters and they're gonna clash. I have tried to highlight a slightly more realistic portrayal of a feudal lord by actions such as : the boys smoking cannabis on Nano's chath, Murtasim not being a virgin, overly concerned about izzat/ghairat, him instructing on her pardah in the goan, use of guns for fun. Theres also other negative/haraam conduct, such as Mir asking for a married woman, Murtasim shooting at the panchaayat, the lack of education for women, quips about the boys drinking and Murtasim smoking.

All to say is that the charectors are flawed, sometimes that works out in their favour, and sometimes not.

Meerab is navive, leading to her being selfish. The changing set of facts about her reality means that she is confused. Her husband is overpowerung, even if it's not intention to be.

They are 'larger than life' charectors, and this makes a story that is worth reading- so please keep this in mind when commenting.

There might be flaws or inconsistencies, but please remember that I am not a professional writer, and this is only Wattpadd. I am writing what I feel like, and what I enjoy reading......

Meerab didn't have the heart to swap out the photos, confused, wanting to, but unsure with what right she would adorn her face over his room when she had lied to him. She had outright denied being possessed with a burning desire to be ravished by him.

There was also the Mir issue, but he didn't seem like a threat after Murtasim shot him, and there had been no more news of any interest. Besides, Meerab only had place for one in her heart- the fulfiller of dreams.

Truthfully, she could never look at him the same after witnessing him pleasure himself whilst chanting her name- it was stirred an idea in her, producing vivid imagery which caused her to clench her legs shut, avoiding him. Thankfully for her, he often returned home late when she was genuinly sleeping and he didnt press on her for intimate needs, just teasing- never explicitly declaring it, hence leading into a plateau. This was furthered by Meerab wearing full-sleeved pyjamas to bed now.

Now, he had wandered into their bedroom whilst she was walking out, making a haste exit. Just as their past crossed, he gently grabbed her wrist, forcing her to halt and twist back.

'Jee Murastim?' She asked, assuming he wanted to know a piece of information, or ask about a family member. She began wondering about the reason behind the unannounced grasp. The need to be touchy was not evident. (Yes Murtasim?)

'Jee Meerab?' He asked, copying her sweetley, flirting with his drowsy eyes whilst his thumb began swiping at her wrist's pulse point, needlessly. (Yes Meerab?)

She friended obliviousness and trying to surpress a coy smile growing. 'Kuch chaiye?' (Do you need something?)

'Nahi.' He dismissed, allowing his eyes to wander, gawk over her dewy natural makeup and down her to her flowy indigo dress. 'Tumein, kuch chahiye begum sahiba?,' he asked, liking the way she easily flustered under his interrogating gaze. Also, still hopeful that she would just let down her guard a moment to allow him to make a move. (No. Do you need something madam?)

Her glance darted anywhere but him, trying to distract from the sensation of his calloused hand on her dainty wrist, and the dress that felt like it had been expertly tailored to hug her curves- a glove like fit, hence the real need for the dupatta with this outfit. 'Maa Begum mujhay bula rahe hai,' she fibbed, trying to escape his grasp. Her voice was a pitch higher than usual, which led him to doubt the truth of her statement. (Maa Begum is calling me.)