14 | Come Kiss Me And Bite Me

This story is marked mature, so if you guys are not comfortable with the turn this story is taking, please stop reading.

New readers who are commenting on the chapters, thank you so much! Please keep updating your review.

"Why are you accompanying me?"

It didn't make sense at all. Jake Sim was accompanying me to the hospital for my regular check up. For Ae-Cha, I could understand. They were good friends, but for me? Ae-Cha didn't ask him for this, he just randomly volunteered which was so unlike of him.

"I don't want Ae-Cha to worry about you."

"Do you like my group leader?"

"Friendships exist in this world, Chayoung." Jake smiled. "We're good friends. That's all."

"I just don't want you to get hurt. She's still stuck on Beomgyu. Even if her stubborn ass won't accept it."

"I know. Well, I feel like it's same for Beomgyu too. Since the dating show, something has changed. I hope it's for the good." He sighed and kept looking around as we made our way to the VIP ward.

"It's nice to know you're not the second lead of this story," I said and patted his shoulder teasingly.

"Maybe not this story-" Jake stopped, and stared at the girl. Was she a doctor? She looked young though. I saw her ID. Ah she was first year residency student. I looked back at Jake, and waved a hand over his face. He jumped startled.

"Do you know her?"

"Huh?" He blinked.

"The girl you've been staring at. Do you know her?" I asked, and he paused.

He glanced at Sooyun as her ID identified. There was a look in his eyes. The one I had seen before. In Ae-Cha's eyes. In Beomgyu's eyes. Sometimes in the mirror when I looked at myself.

"No, no I don't know her," Jake replied.

I knew he lied, but didn't comment. We went to the VIP section and got the reports before I went to my aunt's cabin. Jake excused himself to walk around. Aunt was the only one I liked in my family, and I had a good talk with her for a while before I went out. Jake had texted that he was near the snack station, so I walked there only to see him talking to the girl.

"You should stop coming here, Jake," Sooyun was telling him. I turned back to give them privacy but saw my cousin brother on the other side. Shit. I hid against the wall, and prayed that asshole won't see me. 

"I'm not here for you. Don't be such a narcissist." Jake stared at her blankly. "I just came here with Chayoung because I care for Ae-Cha, and she was concerned about Chayoung."

Sooyun dropped her eyes to the ground as she played with her hands. "Do you like Ae-Cha?"

"Yes," He replied in a heartbeat.

"That's funny. She's having a time of her life with TXT Beomgyu on that dating show," She took a jab at him, and smiled. "Aww is Jake stuck in one sided love?"

"Well, you don't know entertainment industry. We've two faces. Two lives." Jake stepped closer and lowered his head to look at her with a borderline glaring smile. "I hope I'm getting my meaning across."

"Ah. That's why you're coming regularly to the hospital? You're coming here for me. Admit it." Sooyun patted his shoulder. "You can't lie for shit-"

"You don't fucking know me-" He growled, clenching his jaw, and I knew I had to interfere before the escalation.

"Sunbae." I acted like I just entered the scene, and bowed to the pretty doctor. She could be a model with that killer figure and beautiful face. "Let's go?"