36 | It's End Of Every Ending

LAST CHAPTER OF THE BOOK BEFORE EPILOGUE ♥️

__________________________

"Thank you for coming."

I placed the flowers on the table. "I'm here for my appointment. Not for you, Ayame." I glanced at Niki who smiled gratefully. "Take care." I walked out of the room, and Niki followed.

"Noona-" I knew what he was going to say, so interrupted first.

"Ayame aka Chua. The girl I spent my trainee days with ghosted me one day. I understood but she can't come back as if nothing happened." I looked away, feeling angry. "Stop pursuing me to talk to her."

With that, I turned away. Niki, I didn't know how met Ayame, my once upon a time best friend, and thought he could make us reconcile. Yeah. No shit. I was walking when I spotted Jungwon sitting there in the waiting room. It was too early for anyone to be here in the hospital, so I went to check up on him. I could see if he were doing well. At least from far. Right?

But, I halted my steps when saw Miyoung there. She was sitting on a knee in front of him as he sat on the chair. Her hands were holding his, and somewhere something broke inside me. They looked so good together.

"It isn't me you love, is it?" Miyoung asked. My heart dropped into my stomach. What was she doing? I stepped back, not wanting to hear his answer. "Jungwon, whom do you love?" She asked again.

"Chayoung. I love Chayoung." Jungwon lowered his head. "But, it doesn't matter. It really doesn't. I want to be happy and this just won't work..."

I turned on my feet, and walked away. I knew I ruined his sanity. That I troubled him with my issues, my love, but it still hurt to hear him repeat those words. I got a coffee from the machine, and was about to go other way when saw Gyuvin coming my way. He smiled wide, and waved.

My face broke into a smile. "Hey. You didn't have to come."

"Oh shut up -" Gyuvin was ruffling my hair but choked on his words and bowed to someone behind me. His reaction clearly told me who was there. "Anyoung Sunbae."

I closed my eyes and put on my best smile. Taking a deep breath, I relaxed my shoulders and faced him. "Anyoung sunbae."

Jungwon bowed back. He looked back and forth between me Gyuvin and the latter took a hint and excused himself. "You doing alright?" Jungwon asked and I nodded in reply. I was too emotional to talk. I couldn't cry so I didn't speak. "Okay. Have a nice day. Goodbye."

"Okay. Goodbye," I said. He stepped to my side. My hand tried to reach out to him, but then I stopped. No. I won't hold on to me. I won't put him through this again. So, I curled my fingers and pulled my hand away from his. I was letting him go.

He brushed past me, and left.