Chapter 5: Is That a Sword?

You snored in your bed as you slept. The sun had already risen, and the birds chirped outside, signaling the beginning of the new morning.

The sunlight was peaking its way through the blinds as you turned over to sleep on your side, because it was more comfortable that way.

Then, all of a sudden, the hellish iPhone morning alarm went off next to your nightstand. You grumbled as you stirred in your sleep.

Reaching out with one hand, you went over to grab your phone to press ''Snooze''. But right before you were able to grab it, someone took hold of your hand.

''M... Mh?'' You opened one of your eyes and looked over. There, you saw Lala standing over, wearing a tank top and some shorts.

''Good morning.'' She said as she then turned off your alarm. ''Slept well?''

''... Yeah, I had a really good dream actually.'' You answered, a quiet and pinkish blush spreading across your cheeks.

''Good to hear.'' Lala said. ''Also, you've pressed snooze for over 8 times now.''

''... Wait...'' Your train of thought suddenly went off the rails.

''Yeah, you better hurry up.'' She said as she quietly exited your room. ''I'll help and make you breakfast again.''

You hurriedly got out of bed and rushed down the hall into the bathroom, where you used the restroom and washed your teeth.

You went back to your room and got dressed in your usual outfit for the day. You grabbed your backpack and then went down the stairs.

In the kitchen, you're greeted by Lala sitting down at the kitchen table, holding a plate containing a PB&J sandwich, just like yesterday.

''Here. I made you this again.'' Lala said as she stood up and gave you the sandwich.

''Thanks Lala!'' You said and as you were about to exit outside, you felt a tug at your shirt. Looking over, you saw Lala avoiding eye contact as she blushed.

''... Hug me.'' She said.

''What?''

''I told you... Hug me...'' She repeated, demanding a hug.

You were confused at first, but decided it's for the best. You pulled her into an embrace, which she almost immediately accepted.

Her face burned red as her breathing increased. But after a little while, you let go and let her stumble back before catching herself.

''Bye Lala, see you later.'' You said your goodbye and exited the house.

Meanwhile, Lala was left there to think about the hug. ''... Why the hell does this feel so good?'' She whispered to herself, still lightly blushing.

===
===

Thankfully, you managed to jog your way to school in time. Did I say jog? I meant sprint all the way over here.

You were sweating buckets at this point, legs sore from the non-stop running.

You weren't even looking where you were going, so you accidentally bumped into somebody.

You stumbled backwards, but before you had the chance to fall, you were caught.

''Good morning Y/n!'' You heard a familiar voice. You looked down at the things that had caught you and realized that they were slimy cyan tentacles.

''H-Huh? Suu?'' You said and looked over to the person in front of you.

''You finally showed up.'' She said and placed me back on the ground, retracting her tentacles back.