Memory Fragment #4 - How I Met Your Mother

This was the worst.

You didn't even have time to settle into your new home.

A day ago, you arrived in the city. And the next day, you were already enrolled in a new school.

This was the first time you had to change schools.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't for any other reason than to be closer to your family.

In the past school, you didn't have many friends, so it wasn't leaving it.

Although the small amount of people you formed a friendship with in that school were still willing to be your friends.

Online, of course.

Now, it was the morning.

Your mother had left. She was called in urgently by her job.

So it was just you... And Lala.

You... Didn't know how to feel about her.

She was one year older than you... No, at the end of the current year, she is going to be two years older than you.

She didn't socialize much, more like backing herself into a corner.

You and your mother decided to give her the guest bedroom, so she can sleep in there.

You couldn't help but feel something was wrong.

Lala felt... Lost.

Like she didn't have anywhere else to go.

She said she was out to take another person's life so they could finally rest in peace, but on that night, she didn't go anywhere else.

...

You woke up earlier than you expected. Your mother woke you up by accident when she leaving for work.

And so there you were.

Up early.

Teeth washed.

Bathroom used.

Dressed up.

You had a lot of time before you had to leave for that new school.

So, you did the only thing you could think of doing and went up to the guest bedroom.

You opened the door slowly, peeking in to see if the Dullahan was asleep.

She wasn't.

''... Haven't thy heard of 'Knocking'?'' Lala was sitting on the edge of her bed, not really doing anything.

She eyed you as you opened the door. 

''Your... Your name was Lala, right?'' You asked, showing genuine curiosity in the question.

''... Tá.'' She said.

''... Huh?'' You got confused.

Lala sighed. ''Tá. It means 'Yes' in Irish.''

''O-Oh... You know Irish?'' You asked her, but then decided that was going to be a stupid question.

''Mm.'' Lala nodded her head. ''It is my mother tongue. Although, I can speak English and Japanese fluently as well.''

''That's awesome.'' You smiled. ''Foreigners find Japanese to be really hard, it's great that you could learn it.''

''As much as I would enjoy the praises, may I ask why you came to my presence?'' Lala turned to face you fully.

''... Möchten Sie nach draußen kommen, damit wir gemeinsam frühstücken können?''

Lala looked at you... A little confused.