Chapter 12: Cupid Can Be Cruel

[No Image can describe this chapter]

Wednesday morning.

The sun had just risen. The birds were already singing their choir.

Among the birds, Papi could be seen flying alongside them as she carried a backpack on her back.

On the sidewalk, there walked two figures.

One of them a human, and the other a centaur.

It's you and Centorea.

''Really sorry...'' You said, making Centorea a little confused.

''Sorry? Sorry about what?'' She tilted her head as you both walked.

''You know...'' You struggled with your words. ''Monday...''

''Oh...'' Centorea began to blush as well, but more intensely. ''T-That's not your fault, y-you know?''

''I know but-'' You cut yourself off. ''I-It just lingers in my mind, you know?''

''I see...'' She hung her arms free beside her. ''On that note, I can freely say that it has been lingering in my mind as well.''

''Well.'' You chuckled. ''I expected that.''

Centorea chuckled as her blush grew more intensely.

''Just, I'm really just sorry.'' You apologized again. ''It's just a really innappropriate in your culture, a literal crime. I know that it wasn't my fault, but I feel bad for you having to degrade yourself like that in front of many people just to save me.''

As your words began to hit Centorea's ears, her blush softened into a shade of pink, trying to keep eye contact at a bare minimum.

''Like I said, I'd rather it be you than anyone else.'' She put a hand on her cheek as she said this.

''What does that mean anyway?'' You asked. ''I'm not really good at noticing signs, so I'm not really sure if you are hitting on me or not.''

Centorea's eyes didn't look at you, hoping that you would find out on your own. ''I trust you.'' She answered. ''More than anyone else in that school.''

''Wait, really?'' You were shocked. ''You chose to trust me? But why?''

''I-I don't know!'' Centorea panicked. ''I-I-It's just that I saw something in you.'' She began to walk a bit faster.

You still walked alongside her, trying to think of whatever she meant by that.

''OHHHH!'' You finally got it. ''I understand now. Thanks.''

''Y-You do?'' Centorea asks.

''Yeah. You're hitting on me.'' You laughed. ''I can't believe I was so oblivious.''

Centorea ceased walking and stood on the sidewalk for a moment.

This was what she meant, but now that you understood it, she didn't know if she was comfortable with you knowing.

''Is it right?'' You asked, standing in front of her.

Her lips shook, she didn't say anything, but blush at your question.

''Cerea?''

She reached out into her bag and began to search for something specific, rummaging around books and notebooks.

''Here.'' She said, handing you a colorful card with text written on it.

''What's this?'' You looked at the card, reading it. Your eyes then slowly widened as you read the first sentence.