Memory Fragment #1 - The Tragedy

October 25th, 2015.

The park, around late evening when the sun has set.

''Hey Y/n.'' Yuni tapped your shoulder. ''Check this out.''

You turned around to face her. ''What?''

Yuni held a pack of cigarettes in her hand. ''They finaly sold these to me 'cuz I turned eighteen.''

''Ah. Good luck.'' You nodded, going back to your business.

''Good luck on what?'' Yuni asked as she took out a cigarette.

''On getting lung cancer.'' You smirked. ''Dumbass.''

''Shut the fuck up, idiot.'' She put the cigarette tip in her mouth. ''I'm just going to try and see what all the fuss is about.''

''Haven't you learned anything from Breaking Bad?'' You stood up from the bench and stood in front of her. ''You wanna be a drug king pin?''

''You wanna get a nut shot?'' Yuni lit the cigarette with a lighter.

''... No.'' You leaned back a bit. ''How is it?''

''... Wait, am I supposed to inhale it?'' She asked.

''And you call me a dumbass.'' You mocked.

You smirked as you watched her inhale some of the cigarette smoke.

Yuni then began violently coughing, dropping the cigarette and the lighter on the ground.

''I diagnose you with lung cancer.'' You said.

Yuni coughed a couple more times. ''This thing sucks!'' She threw the rest of the cigarettes into a trash bin.

''How do people like this stuff?'' She asked herself.

''How was it?'' You asked, stomping the cigarette on the ground.

''Awful!'' Yuni coughed again. ''My lungs feel like charcoal after one puff...''

''Mmm...'' You clasped your hands together. ''Wouldn't that fit your emo asthetic though?''

''Not really.'' Yuni rolled her eyes. ''Come on, let's go buy a beer and try it.''

''Yuni, I will never drink.'' You shook your head. ''Never. Call me a pussy all you want.''

''Fine... Pussy.'' Yuni smiled, beginning to walk in direction to the store. ''Come on, I'll buy myself one, and you can get whatever.''

''Sure...'' You caught up to her and you both began to walk to the convenience store.

''Hey Yuni.'' You tapped her shoulder.

''Hm?'' She looked at you.

''Wouldn't it be funny if you just shotgunned your first beer?'' You expressed your thought.

''It would be...'' She thought about it. ''You have a pen?''

''Yep.'' You pulled one out of your pocket. ''Are you sure you wanna do it?''

''Yeah yeah,'' Yuni yawned. ''I'll do it for the heck of it.''

''Nice...'' You chuckled to yourself as you both were about to cross the road...

...

How did this happen?

You were sitting on the ground while watching Yuni's bloodied body lay on the road.

A car had come out of nowhere and hit Yuni.

If it wasn't for her, you'd probably be dead...

She pushed you out of the way.

And got hit.

The driver took off without saying anything or coming out...

In the moment of impact, you could hear multiple of her bones shattering, and also the blood oozing out.

Your hands were shaking, looking down traumatized at the body displayed in front of you.

Her face had been completely battered. One of her eyes was out of place... Her teeth were completely smashed in...

The skin on her face was torn apart due to friction with the road.

It was a... Disgusting sight...

Her fingers twitched like those of a dead insect.

It was as if your life was just tuned completely upside down.

''Yu... Ni...'' You spoke, quickly getting up from the ground and rushing over to her body.

You fell down to your knees and held her close. Not a single care about your clothes getting dirty with blood.

''Yuni! YUNI!'' You shouted straight into her face, but it was no use.

You needed to call for help. You needed to call an ambulance.

You quickly pulled out your phone, but it was turned off.

Earlier today, your teacher had told you to turn it off so it doesn't make any sound. You didn't turn it on since then...

''Come on...'' You weeped as you tried to turn on your phone. The tears were now coming out. ''Come on... Please... Stay with me...''

Yuni's eyes were slowly closing down.

''NO!'' You dropped your phone on the ground and went over to hold her with both arms. ''DON'T CLOSE YOUR EYES!''

Yuni's eyes were now almost closed, but with the last bit of her strength...

She let out one single tear...

A tear mixed in with her blood...

Her eyes closed...

You couldn't believe it...

It happened so fast...

And now, you just couldn't stop crying...

It hurt...

A lot...

You felt like somebody had stabbed you right in the gut multiple times.

''Yuni...'' You said her name one last time...

At least she went out with her eyes closed...

You breathed in, and then let out a loud shriek of pain and sadness mixed together...

But...

that mix...

It formed anger...

There was a lump in your throat, you could feel your own heartbeat rise as you remembered what the car was...

You knew who it belonged to...

You knew who the driver was...

The lust for revenge had been born...

...

There she stood...

Death was standing right in front of you...

Her yellow eyes shined in the night...

Her long hair waved in the wind...

She held her scythe with both hands as she looked down at the scene in front of her...

''It's an... Early going...'' She said, raising her scythe up.

You looked up at Death and stared her right in the eyes.

''I need to... Put her to rest...'' Death answered. ''... Like the rest...''

You slowly closed your eyes as you took in her words...

''... Do what you must...'' You told her.

''Lala...'' You finished...