Miraculous Malfunction 6

Adrien

He walked her to her door in silence, deciding against asking her if she had almost kissed him. It had been dark. And his mind had been hazy. Maybe it had been a trick of the light. Maybe the song had gotten into his head. Maybe it hadn't happened at all.

"Thank you. For walking me. Do you want to get something to drink or eat before you go?"

He could tell she was genuinely asking, but he could also tell that she just wanted to be left alone.

"Thanks. But I need to call my driver and beg him not to tell my father I bailed."

"I'm sorry."

"None of that was your fault."

"Do you want your suit jacket?"

She fumbled with the sleeve, and he grinned, shaking his head.

"I'll get it back on Monday. Okay?"

She nodded in agreement, glancing through the bakery windows. Her mother was busy trying to pretend to clean, wiping down the tables with a paper bag.

"Subtle, isn't she?"

"Oh yeah." He joked, and she smiled in response.

Not a sad smile. Just a normal Marinette smile.

"Before that, I really was having a good time. Thanks for getting me in with you."

He beamed at her, and she leaned forward, giving him a quick peck on the cheek, no where near where he thought it would be. She waved goodnight, turning and marching into the bakery. He waited until he had turned around to blush, warmth dancing from where her lips had touched his skin. He started to walk home, before remembering he needed to call his driver. So he sat and waited, and when his limo pulled up the man gave him an unamused glare, and Adrien tried his best to get back on his good side, apologizing profusely and begging that it stay between them. Luckily, it did.

* * * * *

He awoke on the eiffle tower this time, after tossing and turning for what felt like hours. Marinette was sitting at the edge, still wearing his suit jacket. He smiled softly, because it felt nice. He had liked her dress before, but her in his clothes felt different. He didn't like her sitting at the edge though, her legs dangling over it. Even if it was a dream, it unnerved him to no end. He sat down next to her, and she glanced at him, her tears shining in the moonlight.

"You came."

"Of course I did." Was his response, because it wasn't like he had a choice.

He would have chosen to see her again, especially after what happened. But the dreams still seemed out of his control.

"I wasn't sure I'd see you again." She admitted, leaning over and laying her head on his shoulder.

"Why?"

He glanced over at her, heat slamming into him as he noticed nothing about her outfit had changed. She still wasn't wearing a shirt, and dream Marinette didn't seem to care about covering up as much as real Marinette did. He quickly averted his gaze, forcing himself to pick a building and focus on it.

"All that happened."

"I wish none of it had happened."

"None of it?" She murmered, and he closed his eyes.

Not all of it. Just that dreadful part at the end there.

"I wish I had kissed you." She breathed, more tears falling.