The Disappearing Act 8

"Uh... okay. See you two soon."

She watched them walk out the door, trying to figure out what just happened.

"Before you ask... don't."

Adrien glanced at her, and she just gave a small nod. That was definitely something she'd fix later. She leaned forward, resting her elbows on the counter and cupping her chin. Oh, to be in love. To be married, and having a child. To have a good job, living together with their spouse and making a family. She was... well, she was jealous. Increasingly so. It wasn't fair. She was almost certain that if she hadn't lost three years, she would be on that road too. Creating designs for her own boutique. Maybe married, or at least dating someone. And having a kid? Their own bundle of joy? It must be so exciting.

"Are you okay?"

"I want a baby." She blurted without warning, and when she turned to look, his face was bright red.

"Yo-you-what? A bu-buh- ugh, Ahem." He cleared his throat, quickly looking away.

"A baby." She repeated, in case he hadn't heard her clearly before.

She wanted a baby so badly. And a husband. And a job, and a house. She wanted it all. She wanted memories of graduating and prom and falling in love with her husband. She wanted everything. It wasn't fair that they got that. Why couldn't she have it? Why had three years been taken from her, and no one else?

"Right now?" He questioned, and she nodded.

Why couldn't she have that?

"I-i-im flattered, but isn't it a little fast- I mean... you just got back."

"Is it the whole sex before marriage thing? We can get married if you want. I can have a big wedding. Better than anyone's. So big the news lady will show up. It would make all the newly weds jealous."

"Is the only reason you're asking me because I have the money for that?"

She raised an eyebrow, before shaking her head.

"No."

"Then why? Why get married and why have a baby?"

"Alya's having a baby. Ivan and Mylene are getting married. I want to."

"You just listed off reasons that are definitely not good enough."

They were plenty good enough. Wasn't she allowed to want those things? She'd probably have them if she hadn't disappeared for three years.

"You don't want a baby with me?"

His face turned red again, and he looked away, picking at something on the counter.

"It's not about that. If I get married to anyone it'll be for love. On both sides. I won't be used for my body or my money."

She rolled her eyes, moving to sit on top of the counter. It would be so much easier if she could just switch places with Alya. Of course Nino would also have to be switched. She couldn't marry him. He was like a brother to her. Adrien's phone buzzed, and he quickly pulled it out.

"What if I did lo-"

"There's an acuma."

She perked up, looking over at his phone. Sure enough, one of those creatures was wreaking havoc.

"I... I need to go get something from my room." She blurted, jumping off of the counter and bolting before he had a chance to go with her.

She made it to her bedroom, heading straight for the miracle box.

"Marinette are you feeling okay?" Tiki asked, and she looked over at her kwami.

"Of course I am."

She grabbed the mouse miraculous, putting it on.