Crime Caught

POTIONS CLASSROOM

SEVERUS'S POV

I pulled away from Evelyn quickly but felt her move closer. Minerva only stared at me, as if she was angry at me.

"Severus. What is going on here?" She asked loudly.

"I.." I was unable to make words but knew I had to make up something.

"I'm sorry..I really liked her..so I gave her a love potion..It's my fault."

I turned and looked at Evelyn. I gave her a small wink and then turned to Minerva.

"Wha-" She was cut off by Evelyn.

"That's a lie! He didn't give me anything. I love him because I decided to, " She stared at Minerva and then at me.

"Severus don't lie."

"We are going to Dumbledore's office right now." Minerva quickly grabbed Evelyn's wrist and began pulling her slightly. They began walking out the door so I sprung and grabbed Evelyn's other hand.

They both looked at me and looked confused.

"Do. Not. Hurt. Her." I said, feeling my blood beginning to boil.

Minerva let go of her harshly and began walking. Evelyn and I walked out of my classroom and I locked the door. We walked behind her. I slowly grabbed Evelyn's wrist and looked at it. It was already bruised. I ran my fingers over it and gave Evelyn a sad smile.

EVELYN'S POV

Well, we're fucked...everything's over..

I wanted to cry in Severus's arms but didn't dare touch him. As McGonagall walked down the corridors, Severus and I would just look at each other. I began to feel tears fall down my cheeks. Severus wiped them away with his hand and intertwined his arm with him, letting our hands hold each other.

"Sev...let go..."

"Never..."

"We're in trouble..."

"I could care less, I love you and nothing is going to change between us no matter what happens in the headmaster's office..."

I smiled and rested my cheek against his arm.

"Stay by my side?..." I whispered.

"Always." Severus said and lifted my chin up.

"Always."

As soon as we reached the headmaster's office, we broke apart, standing far away from each other. McGonagall was standing there waiting for the staircase to go up. She stepped onto the stairs and went up. Severus followed behind her and I followed behind him, terrified. We reached the door and McGonagall swung the door open. She walked inside quickly.

"Albus, I have some news that must be discussed and it's urgent." She walked up to his desk.

There, Dumbledore was sitting, and it seemed as if he was reading the Daily Prophet.

"Minerva." He greeted her and stood up.

"Oh, Severus and..." Dumbledore began.

"Miss Evelyn White." McGonagall said.

"Please everyone sit down." Dumbledore gestured to some chairs that sat in front of his desk.

I immediately took the chair farthest from McGonagall. Severus sat next to me and then her.

"So Minerva, what must we discuss?" Dumbledore turned to her.

"Albus, I know Severus and you and I have known each other for a long time and we are good friends, but this is out of the normal...more that it's Severus." Dumbledore and McGonagall both turned to face Severus. I looked up at him and saw he showed no emotion.

"Do you want to explain, Severus, or should I tell Albus what I saw?" She asked him.

"I will explain everything." Severus said strongly as he held my hand.

"I...have fallen in love...and it happened with her..." They all turned and looked at me. McGonagall looked disgusted, Dumbledore seemed surprised, and Severus was only smiling at me.

"I've never felt happier than with her. She did consent to everything, and I had never pushed her to do anything she didn't want. Evelyn has made me a better person. I... love her..." Severus finished looking straight at Dumbledore.

"Well..." Dumbledore seemed speechless and confused.

"He is violating school rules. He is to be fired." McGonagall stated angrily.

"Please Minerva, let me speak to them alone." Dumbledore asked.

Minerva stood up and walked out, slamming the door behind her.

I quickly stood up and hugged Severus, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Please..."

"Well Severus, I believe you when you say you have fallen in love with this young woman, but there are rules."

I sat back down, moving my chair closer to him.

"The rules are that no teacher is to engage in a sexual or romantic relationship with any student. There is to be no physical contact between a teacher and student. I'm sorry Severus."

"What are the consequences?" Severus asked, fearlessly.

"You are to be fired and sent to Azkaban and she is to be expelled..."

I felt more tears sliding down my face.

"But since Severus, I know you are an amazing man and trust you, I might be able to limit those consequences. Maybe."

"Thank you Albus."

"Well Miss White...would you like to explain your side of the story?"

"Um...well...I fell in love with Severus...I didn't really care about his age...I love him..." I looked up and saw him smiling.

"He changed my life. Severus helped me see that my life wasn't worthless and that I had a purpose. He made me feel safe and secure of myself. I truly want to stay with him forever.."

Dumbledore smiled slightly and looked at both of us.

"Love is such an amazing emotion. It is powerful and has no boundaries. I will do whatever I can to make sure no one else finds out and try to reduce the consequences."

"Thank you Albus, thank you."

"I will contact you for the final consequences."

"Alright, are we free to leave?" Severus asked.

"Yes, I will discuss some matters with Minerva."

We both nodded and stood up walking towards the door.

"Just make sure to keep it a secret to everyone else."

"Yes headmaster." I responded.

Severus opened the door and saw a cat sitting there. I looked closely.

Shit that's McGonagall in animagus form...

I felt Severus pick me up and being walking.

"Severus...Dumbledore said to keep it a secret..." I whispered loudly.

"I could care less." Severus responded as we went down the stairs and he began walking towards his classroom.

"I was going to return to my dorm."

"Nope, you're returning with me. After getting caught I have a feeling...our time together will be limited."

"Alright then..." I laid there in his arms.

Once he reached the classroom, he swung both doors open and closed. He set me on the counter. Severus buried his nose into my neck and my hair.

"I don't want to see you go...I won't let them take you away from me."

I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I will never let anyone take me away from you either."

We both sat there only inhaling each other's scent. Letting each other's warmth fill us up. Letting us feel safe in each other's arms.