Chapter 8

FAISU

.

I mutter a curse when I make the mistake of rolling over in bed. Even though the sharp, stabbing pain spreading throughout my side has now reduced to a dull ache, putting pressure on it wasn't a good idea. I'm just glad there wasn't more damage. Drunk motherfucker.

Practice with Faiz ran until three a.m., and I had to get up early for the graduation ceremony today, so I was tired as hell. The moment I came home, I went straight to my room and passed out. Only to be woken up hours later by a bat striking my waist. The asshole only got one swing in before I wrangled it from him and punched him in the face so hard I knocked him out.

After that, I dragged his unconscious body out into the hallway. It's almost midnight now, and the bastard is still passed out cold. Grabbing my phone, I scroll through my texts, stopping on the one I got from Jannat earlier. I should reply, but I don't know what to say. Because I royally fucked up.

I told her not to make shit complicated, and then I did by kissing her. Goddammit.

That was so stupid. Not only are we friends, but we're about to split.

Our first show at Voodoo is in four days, and a week after that Faiz and I are leaving from Bombay. I can't wait to get out of here. My phone vibrates and Faiz's name flashes across the screen. This Asshole probably needs a ride home because he got drunk at the graduation party.

Clicking the green button, I bring it to my ear. "You need me to come and get you? Hajr br bola hai na piya mt kr muje ni pasand teri drinking fr bhi"

"Nah, man. Some shit just went down." I'm expecting him to tell me that the cops were called, and half our graduating class was arrested.

"You need me to bail you out?" If that's the case, it's gonna put a dent in our LA fund.

"Not tonight." He blows out a breath. "Anyway, I was outside with Sasha. I was about to suggest that we go inside and do something you know, but then I heard a ton of commotion."

"Let me guess, a fight broke out." I'm gearing up to tell him that it's nothing important for me to hear but then he says, "Nah. It was your girl."

My girl?

"Can you be more specific? Konsi vli meri girl"

"Abee ee Jannat, motherfucker, bki sb teri girl kuch or thi"

My mind spins back to what Sara said in the band room. I bolt up in bed. "What the fuck happened?"

I'd been so busy practicing for our upcoming show and ignoring her, I forgot to warn her not to go to the party.

"Sara or uske assholes ne hr hadd paar krli they legit threw pig slop on her. Then they circled around the poor girl and oinked while someone kept yelling, 'Sooey.' It was fucking brutal, men"

Oh My God

"Anyway," he adds. "I just kind of took her with me from there and abbi vo meri bikr pr bethi hai. What do you want me to do with her?"

He says it like she's a goddamn appliance he's delivering. Then again, that's Faiz. The only emotion the person is able to register is anger.

I swipe my keys off my dresser. "I'm on my way."

"I'll keep her until you get here. Although I should warn you, isne abtk kuch bola ni hai. I think she's in shock or something."

.

The towel I swiped from the bathroom on my way out isn't gonna cut it. Jannat's covered head to toe in pig slop. It's so bad it's caked onto her clothes, eyelashes, and hair. She keeps her gaze cast down as I help her from faiz's bike. She definitely needs a shower, but I can't take her back to my place. Not with him there. I don't think bringing her home is a good idea, either. Jannat's dad actually cares about his daughter, so I wouldn't put it past him to not only flip out, but march over here and yell at everyone...which will only make things worse for her.