Chapter 27

"Ye kya hai?" I question as I enter the elevator behind him.

He's been staring at the same packet of papers ever since we left the venue. After looking around the empty elevator, he pulls something out of his pocket. I do a double-take when I see the reading pen I bought for him. HE STILL KEPT IT.

"It's the launch plan and recording schedule for our upcoming album." He averts his gaze. "Mai kabse padh hi ni paa rha."

My chest aches as it becomes painfully clear why he's been staring at the same document for so long. "No one knows about your dyslexia...hai na?"

Eyes narrowing, he reaches across me and slams the emergency button. "No one except Faiz...and you." Annoyance clashes with discomfort on his face. "I'd appreciate it if you'd keep it to urself only."

Even though I came here for revenge, I'm still a good person with morals. Just like my father raised me to be. Which means there are lines I won't cross. Telling the world Faisu has a learning disability is one of them.

Although I do think he should tell people about it. "Having dyslexia is nothing to be ashamed of. It—"

"I don't need people finding out I'm stupid," he growls. Whoa. He's got it all wrong. I open my mouth, but he doesn't give me the chance to speak. "Kamjor logo k log hmesa fayda uthate h vo bs ek kadi dhundte h unhe nicha dikhakr gulam bnane ki."

The tendons in his neck strain against his skin as he steps into my space. "The label already treats me like a goddamn puppet. I don't need to make it easier for them to control me." Rolling up the document, he shoves it into the back pocket of his jeans. "maine unhe apna ek or hissa ni de skta control krne ko."

I turn this over for a bit because there's a lot to unpack here. On some level, I understand what he means. People do take advantage of weak people. Especially when money and power are thrown into the mix. But Faisu isn't weak. Or stupid.

"You are many things." Reaching up, I cradle the side of his face. "But stupid isn't one of them."

My heart hammers in my ribs. Even though I shouldn't say the next words, I know he needs to hear them. "As far as the record label is concerned, it might be their chessboard, but you're Faisal Sheikh-The Rock star,Ye game khelna hai yaa ni tum decide kroge...agr ni khelna toh Leave the damn table. Trust me, they'll follow...because there is no one else like you out there."

There never will be. I knew from the first second I laid eyes on him that he was special...and that hasn't changed. My stomach flutters when he trails his fingers up the side of my neck and our gazes collide.

I feel the contact everywhere. His voice is such a low rasp I almost don't hear it. "I missed you."

Before I can process what he's saying, his mouth is on mine, claiming me.

My pulse accelerates when he slams me against the wall, his hands roaming over every part of my body "Our rooms are only two more floors up." I remind him

Provided he didn't break the elevator by pressing the emergency button. Inching closer, he licks my bottom lip "Do you—"

The elevator comes to life with a great big jolt. What the hell? Isn't someone supposed to determine what the emergency is first?

Faisu barely has time to take his hand off me before the elevator doors are opening.

Anxiety floods my stomach when I see Kalp standing there.

He regards Faisu. "Ah. There you are. I've been knocking on your door for the past five minutes."

"Problem with the elevator," we say in unison.