Chapter 24

"Why are we here?" I scream over Faisu's melodic raspy voice as he belts the second to last song of the night.

Shivi shrugs as he runs to the other side of the stage and holds out his mic. "Pata ni Faisu ne bola aaj audience m rehna kuch hai toh bs"

Gee, that really clears things up. "Pr q?"

Another shrug. "I have no idea."

After whipping his head back and forth with so much vigor I'm positive he now has whiplash faisu saunters over to faiz, who's in the middle of an awesome drum solo. "You groupies better give it up for my best friend right here!"

At faisu's request, the crowd goes from wild...to sheer pandemonium.

A girl sitting on her boyfriend's shoulders lifts her shirt, flashing the band...and everyone else. A few women throw their bras on stage.

Unfortunately, one ends up hitting Shivi.

Nose wrinkling, She inspects the bright-red bra. "This one is cute, but it's too big for me." She cups a hand over her mouth. "What's your bra size?"

Even two of my boobs couldn't fill one of those cups. The owner of said bra is lucky.

"Won't fit me either."

Shivi tosses the bra onstage. Seconds later, a bright-yellow G-string bra sails over our heads. It gets caught on the end of Mohsin's guitar. Impressive. He gives the crowd a sexy lopsided grin, which only makes the females in the audience go even more nuts.

"I want to have your babies, Mohsin," some woman in the row directly in back of us screams.

"He has enough baby mamas already," Shivi snaps.

Oh, boy.

"Take me home tonight, Faisu," a woman to the right of me shouts. "I'll make you happy"

I roll my eyes when Faisu flashes her a heart-melting smile. The song finally comes to an end and Faisu grabs a bottle of water off the drum riser.

"Don't worry. It's water, guys." He winks at the crowd before chugging it down. "But now that I got your attention, I'd like to introduce you to someone."

I eye Shivi, who looks as confused as I feel.

"An old friend of mine is in town tonight."

My stomach knots as he motions to someone offstage. I swear to God, he better not...

"Sara, come on out here."

What. The. Actual. Fuck.

There are a few catcalls and whistles from guys as Sara struts out in a skintight leather dress that clings to her perfect body.

I grind my teeth as Faisu places an arm around her.

"We go way back, don't we?"

She giggles. "We do."

Faisu turns his attention to the crowd. "In College, there's always that one girl. You know who I'm talking about—the pretty, popular, bitchy chick. She always looks perfect." He waggles his eyebrows. "She goes to prom with the Football team caption but want to fuck the bad boy in the parking lot."

The crowd cheers. I look at Shivi. "I'm out."

He's already hurt me enough. I'd be a masochist to stay here and let him get another sucker punch in. I bend down so I can grab my purse off the floor.