Chapter 10

A majority of the last forty-eight hours have been spent holed up in Faiz's garage, listening to them rehearse. Unfortunately, there's a bit of a rift going on because faisu and faiz keep arguing about what song they should open with.

Faisu wants to start off with "Tum hi ho" by Arijit Singh, which is my personal fav ofcourse that's the song which connected us and faiz wants to open with "Woh lamhein Woh Baatein" by Atif Aslam, because it's big on drums.

Tension is mounting by the minute and I'm a little scared it might come to blows soon. Even Dadi gave up and went back inside after listening to their bickering. But not before the poor woman ripped out her hearing aids.

Faiz launches his drumsticks across the room with a force that makes me happy I ducked in time. "We only get three songs, asshole. All I'm asking is for one of them to be heavy on drums."

Nostrils flaring, Faisu grips the mic so hard his knuckles turn white. "Are you deaf, motherfucker? 'Tera hone laga hu' has good drums."

He looks at me. "Meri madad kro to talk some sense into this idiot, Muffin." Oh, boy. "The song does have good drums—"

Faiz's bitter snort cuts me off. "Of course teri girlfriend toh teri hi side legina." Whoa. That's not fair. He didn't even give me a chance to finish my sentence.

"She's not my girlfriend, dipshit," faisu grits through his teeth, but his face turning a shade of crimpson

That give sting to my heart, but that's what we decided right, Bringing my fingers to my mouth, I let out a loud whistle because this is getting out of hand They play at Voodoo tomorrow night, so this is not the time to fall apart. If they don't get their shit together and settle on an opening song soon, they're screwed.

"Enough," I scream over the loud rumble of thunder. There's a bad storm going on outside, but it pales in comparison to the one happening in here. "If you two would just stop arguing and put your stubbornness aside, you could figure this out and continue rehearsing."

Faisu looks at Faiz "Jannat's a huge fan of our genre, and usse lagta hai we should start with the Tum hi ho song—"

"No," I cut in. "I don't."

Faisu whips around to face me again. "Muje laga u just agreed?"

"I agreed it has good drums, but not that you should start with it."

Faiz smiles smugly. "Woh Lamhein it is then."

"I don't think that's the right choice either." I personally love the song, but it doesn't scream stop what you're doing and listen. And while Faisu can sing the pants off of anything, that one doesn't really show off his insane vocal range.

"There's a happy medium," I say. "You just have to figure it out and be open to suggestions."

"Fine," Faiz huffs. "Tum hi kuch suggest kro, Muffin?"

"Don't call her muffin, fucker," Faisu mutters low and deadly under his breath.

Yeah. I'll come back to that later.

"Do you like the Tum hi ho song?"

"Obviously," Faisu says, but I hold up a hand.

"Mai Faiz se baat kr rhi hu."

Faiz looks at me like I've sprouted another head. "Of course. It's fucking Arijit Singh's best song."

Now we're getting somewhere.