Chapter 13

4 YEARS LATER

FAISU

HAWAI

"Grammy!" a voice on the other side of the house shouts.

On cue, everyone takes a sip of whatever's in their hand. I took a drag from my cigratte, as I hate drinking, I only got drunk once in my lifetime with...

Anyways Last night, myself and the three other members of Sharp Objects became official Grammy winners when we took home Album of the Year. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about walking away without one.

Four years ago, when we struck gold and made it big, we were nominated for Best New Artist and our titled track "Sunn Raha hai" by "Sharp Objects" was nominated for Song of the Year. The disappointment from not winning either felt like a brick to the face. But we finally did it.

To celebrate, our manager Kalp and the rest of our team rented us a sweet house on the beach and invited all our favorite supporters—i.e., groupies—to join us. We've been partying for the last twenty-four hours, and I have no desire to slow this train down. I'll be twenty-five this year and I already have a motherfucking Grammy. This is all I once dreamed of but still there is this void inside which never fills how much I achieve, Although we have created 3 new songs at our own after first one made it big still there is something void always.

I finish the rest of the my cigratte and head to the table so I can take joint of weed. Faiz, who's leisurely drinking, makes a face as I fill it up to the brim. "You should probably pump the brakes on that shit, Faisu. Bohot ho gya, isse acha sharab pile, pr ni uske alawa tuje sb krna hai." He's still my best friend, but fuck him and his buzzkill ass.

"We won a Grammy, BC. I'm celebrating."

Jeh, our bassist—and one of the craziest motherfuckers I've ever met— strides over to us. Before Vic signed Faiz and me to Phantom Rock Records, he had us meet with a bassist and a keyboard player who happened to be foster brothers. Like Faiz and I, they were from the wrong side of the tracks and got dealt a shitty hand in life, but music was what got them through rough times.

The second we started jamming, I got goose bumps and you could practically see dollar signs flashing in Vic's eyes. The stars aligned that day and it was without a doubt fate. Jeh and Mohsin needed a lead singer and a drummer, and we needed a keyboard Player and a bassist...but what we got was a family.

"Fuck yeah, we're celebrating!" Jeh yells before he grabs the bottle of Jack off the table and takes a big swig.

Visibly annoyed, Faiz grunts something under his breath and Jeh flips him the bird. "Kitna bda mood spoiler hai re tu"

Placing an arm around my shoulders, he points to two hot half-naked chicks across the room. "See those girls over there?" I'm about to remind him I'm not blind, but then he says, "Those are dolls with our names on it."

"Our ni Yours...Tuje pta h na I don't do girls...I just hate when they touch me"

He waggles his brows. "Ok toh muje dekhlena..enjoy the show with some" He looks here and there before whispering "I got a bag of coccain we're gonna snort off"

Sign me the fuck up. I definitely don't drink but except it each and every drug is mine because that's the only way I can smile and celebrate my victory of this 4 fucking years without feeling that one void in my chest "What are we waiting for?"

He kisses my forehead. "And that's why tu mera laadla beta hai"

Since I am his boy, I do him a solid and scope out the surrounding area for his fiancée Shivangi. Despite being together since they were kids and Shivangi being a sweet and hot girl, Jeh cheats on her left and right.