Chapter 39

Closing his eyes, he scrubs a hand down his face. "How do you make someone believe you're sorry, jab aap unse unka sbse kimti hissa chinkr apna sapna jee rhe ho?"

I've never been in that position, so I haven't a clue. "I don't know." My voice cracks and my heart rises and sinks. "But I don't want to spend our last night like this."

I don't want to think about what he did. I don't want to think about how much it hurts. I don't want to think about what his letters mean or how they change things. I just want him. I take a step and then several more, until I'm closing the distance between us and peering up at him.

His knuckles brush my jaw as he searches my face. "What do you want?"

Just one thing. And he's the only one who can do it. "Remember when I told you, You'r Sun, I was serious. Tumne kaha tha karib mt aao barbad ho jaogi jb hui tb muje lga sahi kaha tha tumne pr mai apne hi sabd bhul gyi thi k vo meri barbadi ni aabadi hai, or sun toh burn krta hi h na ye toh uske karib jne se pehle sochna chahiye, Iss br maine sochlia...I want you to burn me now..PLEASE."

Raw hunger fills his expression before he grips the nape of my neck and slants his mouth over mine. His kiss steals the air from my lungs and the strength from my knees. My nails dig into his biceps as his tongue slides against mine, claiming me, owning me. Our choppy breathing fills the air as he leads me through the house and up the stairs, kissing me like there's a clock we're racing against and we're running out of time Because we are.

Before long we reach the bedroom, only instead of tumbling onto the bed, we end up near the window. His kiss is softer now, our tongues moving in a languid tempo. Nerves coil in my belly when his fingertips glide along the side of my waist, pushing my shirt up. Instinctively, I place my hand on top of his, halting him. He cups the side of my face with his free hand and his kiss turns even more tender, as if he's imploring me to be vulnerable while also assuring me that I can trust him with my whole body.

My heart beats like a drum as I break contact and raise my arms, allowing him. The air between us shifts as he lifts my shirt over my head, the tension between us becoming more charged. Profound. Pulling my bottom lip between his teeth, he unclasps my bra. It slips down my arms before falling to the floor. I also pulls his t-shirt. My fingers find the zipper on his jeans, he stops me. Frustrated, I pry my mouth from his, but he clamps his hand around my neck, keeping me there while his other hand squeezes my neck. Making a gruff sound, he dips his head, planting a soft line of kisses down my chest as he drops to his knees.

A jolt of electricity shoots through my chest and my blood heats. Every part of me is aching for him. His mouth descends to my stomach, painting my flesh with his lips and tongue like I'm a beautiful work of art. He moves lower, summoning a breathy whimper from me. He buries his nose between my thighs and inhales me...like he's breathing my scent into his lungs and memory, so he'll never forget. Groaning, his fingers hook onto the sides of my jeans and he peels them down my legs, stripping me bare. His heated stare roams over every inch of my body, taking me and all my flaws in.

"Every part of you is perfect." The tendons in his neck flex and his Adam's apple dips. "And promise me you'll remember that, always"

My heart pangs and emotion clogs my throat. I can't speak. Can't breathe. All I can manage is a soft nod. Our gazes collide. The pure longing etching his expression and the longing in his eyes—for me—only makes my ache and need for him build. I glance out the window, taking in the dark sky and bright lights...the reflection of Faisal Sheikh on his knees, pleasuring me.

My orgasm is so close, a slow roll sweeping through my system. "Oh god."

I'm fighting to catch my breath when he stands and steers me toward the bed. Our lips fuse together as he settles on top of me.