Chapter 22

Waking up next to Faisal Sheikh is both strange and oddly familiar at the same time. Like catching up with an old friend you haven't seen in years.

Upon rousing and seeing me, he grins. "Hey, Muffin"

Holy hell, it should be illegal for someone to look like that when they first wake up. "How do you feel?"

Yawning, he stretches those long limbs like a feline. The movement causes the covers to drop, exposing his flat sculpted stomach...and the scar on his torso. "Like shit."

"Luckily, you still have a couple more hours before soundcheck."

"Yeah." Stuffing one hand under his pillow, he holds my gaze. "Kal raat rukne k liye...Thank you"

Emotions run rampant throughout me as we continue staring at one another. My chest hurts when I think about everything he told me. But just as quickly...my self-preservation kicks in, reminding me we're not friends. While I feel terrible for what happened, and I don't think he should spend the rest of his life harming himself because of it...it doesn't change what he did to me.

Spending the night in his bed—is not only a bad move on my part, it's flat out dumb. "I'm gonna go."

My feet have barely touched the floor when a strong arm wraps around my waist and I'm hauled onto the bed again. Pressing the front of his body against my back, he hugs me tightly his lips find the sensitive spot under my ear. "Mat Jao"

Unlike last night, the word isn't laced with pain...it's something which make you hot.

"Faisu"

"Don't worry." My breath hitches when the pad of his thumb slides along the bare patch of skin on my waist. "I'll not take your another first like this, but iska mtlb ye ni k luga ni, ALL YOUR FIRST ARE MINE AND MINE ARE YOURS...I'll stake my claim sooner or later, Muffin....but right now I can give you a new first time experience"

His voice is like warm honey over rust, equally caressing and abrading my insides as his hand slowly makes its way up my shirt... Giving me just enough time to come to my senses before it's too late.

Ripping his hand away, I get off the bed. "Not happening."

"Why?" he rumbles like a toddler who's about to have a temper tantrum because their favorite toy was taken away. The fact he even has the gall to ask why I'm turning him down only pisses me off more.

"Are you serious?" The confused look on his face has me straight up seething. "Just because I was there for you last night doesn't mean everything is okay between us."

It never will be. He sits up "Goddammit, Jannat. Mai—"

"Tum kya?" I push when he stops himself. Jaw ticcing, he grabs a pack of cigarettes and a lighter off the nightstand. Come on. Say it. Give me the acknowledgment—and the apology—I deserve. But he doesn't. He sits there smoking his cigarette.

"See ye hai reason...ye ho tum...sometimes I feel tum nashe m hi thik ho...syd kabhi nashe m hi sacch boldo" Disgusted, I speed toward the door. Another surge of wrath explodes inside me as I twist the knob. "Faisu?" I wait for him to look at me before I utter my next words. "Kaisa lagta hai tumhe jb tum jaha bhi jao kitta bhi aage badh jao fr bhi hr jagh srf muje suno?"

For the briefest of moments, the anguish from last night is back. Good.

.

"Faisu kaha hai?" Kalp snaps.