Chapter 15

JANNAT

"How's my favorite bartender?"

I glance up at a familiar face. Mr.Boman might not be the biggest tipper, but he's a friendly regular.

"I'm doing good. Aap bataiye?" I set an empty glass on the bar. "Jack and Coke tonight?"

He grins. "You know me so well."

Sadly, he's not wrong. Most of my social interaction these days consists of talking to the patrons at club.

After filling the glass with ice, I reach for the soda gun. "or btaiye apka merger hua k ni?"

Boman starts to answer, but a man marches up to the bar and interrupts. "Are you Jannat?"

I'm seriously regretting not using an alias. "That depends. Who's asking?"

"Me."

I pass Boman his drink. "Gee,Usse saaf pata chl gya sb."

Boman hikes a thumb at the intruder wearing cargo pants and a crisp white button-down. "Want me to take care of this guy?"

Cargo pants looks like he's trying not to laugh. "You needn't embarrass yourself. muje ek min ni lgega aapko jameen pr girane m, old men." He turns his attention to me again. "I—"

"Better be ordering a drink if you intend to stay." I gesture to the sign behind me that clearly states it's a two-drink minimum. "Club rules."

Grumbling, he fishes his wallet out of his pocket. "Fine. I'll take two Manhattans."

Bit of an odd choice, but this guy seems a bit odd himself, so I guess it fits.

I give Boman a smile as I fix up the first Manhattan. "I'll be okay." I gesture to the stage where Fantasia is currently dancing. "Go enjoy the show."

He places a five down on the bar. "I'll be back in a little while to check on you."

I give cargo pants his drink. "What can I do for you?"

"My name is Kalp Shah. I'm—"

"Wow, very nice name."  Now I'm just fucking with the guy.

His irritation grows. "Ab pata chala out of 7 billion people in world faisu ne q tumhe hi date kia srf, you're both giant pains in the asses."

I nearly drop the glass in my hand. "I'm sorry...what?"

Who the hell is this guy? And why is he talking about Faisu and I dating? Ignoring me, he keeps talking.

"I'm the manager of Sharp Objects." For a moment, I get my hopes up that Faisu did the right thing and came clean, but they come crashing down when I hear the next words out of his mouth. "I'm here to offer you an opportunity to help Faisu."

A maniacal laugh flies out of me. And then I give him a look that makes it clear he can shove this opportunity up his ass. "After what he did to me, he can fuck off for eternity." So can this guy.

Seemingly pleased by this, he smiles. "And that is exactly why I'm here. Faiz ne muje btaya how did u guys ended up." He takes a sip of his drink. "You're the perfect one for the job."

He's lucky I'm not throwing the second Manhattan I'm making in his face. "What the hell are you talking about? What job?"

"I'd like to hire you to look after Faisu while he's on tour."