Chapter 18

FAISU

The noise from the Vegas crowd is deafening as I walk backstage.

Faiz and Mohsin follow behind me like two bloodhounds tracking a scent.

"Why aren't you singing 'Sunn Raha'?" Faiz questions.

"This is now the second time you walked off without singing it," Mohsin grumbles, as if I wasn't aware. "Dikkat kya hai bhai?"

Anger mixed with feelings I'd rather not acknowledge swarms in my gut. "Fuck off."

It's clear they don't like that answer, but I don't give a shit. Fortunately, a group of chicks hanging out in the far corner gives me the perfect excuse to exit this bullshit conversation.

"Hey, Faisu" one of them purrs. "You were really great tonight." I'm approaching them when there's a sharp tug on my arm.

"Not a good idea." I peer down at Jannat, forcing myself to ignore the way my blood pressure and seem to rise whenever she's near.

"Why? Afraid you'll get fired?" Since my dipshit manager refuses to sack her on my orders, I'm going to give him another reason to send her packing. Jannat opens her mouth to speak, but I don't give her the chance.

"Your job isn't to control my sex life muffin" I motion for the girls to join me in the greenroom. Then I wink at Jannat. "But, hey. You're welcome to watch or agr itte saalo ki kasar nikalni ho toh join bhi krlena"

My statement has the desired impact because she makes a face like she smelled something rotten as the girls rush past her. "I'd rather swallow battery acid, and I better know tum kya krte ho apni sex life, seems like tum srf apni bottle k sth sex krte ho"

Damn her and me for telling her all my secrets but let me use her card only "And who told you I don't do sex huhh...Listen muffin ab mai 18-20 saal k college boy ni...I'm a fucking ROCKSTAR, haa tb fake krta tha ab ni...I still don't like when girls touch my face but hey Sex m face ki kya jarurat right"

Clearly annoyed, she huffs. "Whatever. Get your rocks off. But I'll be standing right outside this door. Don't you dare touch bottle or drugs faisu"

Holding her gaze, I step inside the room. "In that case MOMMY, I'll try not to make them scream too loud when I'm inside them." I slam the door in her pretty face and lock it.

A redhead I've met a few times before saunters over to me. "You were incredible out there. It made me so hot."

The blonde and brunette close in on me a moment later. I halt the redhead when she comes near me because I have more important things to focus on. "In your dreams honey, STAY at Distance and We're gonna party okay."

Unknownst to my new sober companion, there's another door inside the greenroom. One of them giggles as I escort the pack out. "Well, you know what they say. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas."

Not this time. Smirking, I walk down the hallway that will lead to my freedom and Jannat's unemployment. Good luck explaining this one to Kalp, Muffin.

.

JANNAT

I pound on the door. "Darwaja Kholo Faisu."

He's been in the greenroom for over an hour already. It's almost two in the morning and I want to go back to the hotel so I can go to sleep. I bang on the door again. Hell, I'm tempted to kick it down at this point. "Hurry up."

"What are you still doing here?" a stern voice belonging to my new boss questions. I keep my expression neutral.

"Amm..vo faisu andr h...amm with some girls." No point in lying. Like Faisu said, what he does with his sex life isn't my responsibility. Nor is it in my job description. Which is just fine by me, because I don't give a rat's ass. The damn thing can fall off from an incurable STD for all I care. Heck, it probably will sooner or later.