*•.•* I *•.•*

26/10/2022
5:03 am

that morning, i woke up to the sound of annoying message notifications. i didn't even have time to process what happened when i picked up my phone to check what was interrupting my beauty sleep:

.•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•.

nic 💋

nic 💋
MAEVE WKAE UP
LISTEN
I HAVE GOOD NEWS WAKE UP
WHERE TF RU
BITCH
UGHH

me
its 5 am what do you need 💀
you know i hate being interrupted in my sleep

nic 💋
i promise its worth jt that i woke u up
yk that the world cup is in like a month qatar

me
i don't like this

nic 💋
well u will like it bc your coming with me

me
WHAT

.•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•.

without a second thought, i quickly jumped up to grab my car keys and some biscuits. i was confused by her text message so i wanted her to explain to me what was happening irl. i didn't mind driving that early since the message kinda shocked me. i didn't even brush my teeth.

i came to her house and knocked on the door. as soon as she saw that it was me, she let me in with a big smile on her face. -why are you smiling like that?- i was kinda intimidated by her wide grin. chills.

-come in- she said, still smiling at me. -soo, want some coffee?- she asked me while doing something in the kitchen. -yes please, also tell me what's up with the whole world cup thing.- i came into the kitchen as i watched her make coffee.

-as you already know, i work for the selleção.- i nodded. -i get to bring one person with me to qatar.- she smiled proudly.

-what?! that's amazing! am i coming with you?!- i asked her. -yes!- we both started jumping around and squealing excitedly.

while drinking coffee and eating biscuits, we discussed our trip. -so, everything's paid?- i asked her. -yes! hotel rooms, restaurants, the flight, even medical emergencies are covered!- this can't be real. it sounded like a dream.

-well, except for the activities unrelated to football, but it's okay since i will get paid.-
i started clapping in excitement. -you really
got lucky!- i told her.

-let's go shopping!- nicole suggested. i went home to get ready because i have to look at least a tad bit presentable when going out.

.•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•.

we scoured all of the stores in the mall and bought a bunch of summer clothes. it didn't matter that the world cup was in november and december since it was gonna be warm. we bought shoes, tops, shorts, dresses and most importantly, portugal jerseys. i said bye to her and went home to tell my parents. i couldn't wait for the unexpected trip.

ONE MONTH LATER...