*•.•* XXII *•.•*

10/12/2022, 15:00 pm

there was an hour until the game between morroco and portugal. everyone was positive that portugal would win and we were all confident.

joão was with his team so i didn't wanna bother him by sending messages. over the last 4 days, we made up and made out, like nicole wanted.

me, nicole and our newly found friend valèria were getting ready. -the internet is shit over here!- valèria complained over facetime. -sucks to suck!- i stuck out my tongue to her as a joke and she gave me a middle finger. -guys, calm down. what do i wear?!- nicole calmed us.

-let's go naked- valèria joked over the phone. -honestly, i think people wouldn't mind. we're hot as fuck.- nicole said. -guys, we're in qatar.- i told them. -no shit sherlock!- after valèria said that, i muted her. she showed me the middle finger and i hung up.

-sensitive.- nicole glanced at me. -anyways, let's go!- she took my hand and we headed to the stadium. valèria would be waiting for us there since she was closer to the stadium.

.•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•.

-oh em gee, we are so hot- i said excitedly. -let's take photos!- i pulled out my phone and we took at least a hundred photos.

-imagine if i didn't start sobbing loudly in a random stall.- valèria said. -that's deep- nicole said. -yo, let's go, it's literally starting soon.- i grabbed both of their hands and ran inside. we found our seats and settled just in time.

we talked for a bit before we saw the players come out and the national anthems of each country could be heard in the stadium.

the whistle announced the beggining of the game. literally almost nothing happened in the first half until morroco got a goal. the morrocan fans celebrated and yelled out of happiness. i thought that portugal would return. halftime rolled around and we chatted and got more drinks before the second half.

.•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•.

the end of the game was nearing and everyone was on their feet, cheering their national team. nine additional minutes were added, but for nothing. portugal was just knocked out of the world cup. i saw the disappointment on the faces of everyone, except for the morrocans. good for them.

-bro.- valèria sat down and zoned out. nicole was bawling her eyes out. i was just in disbelief. -i'll be back guys.- i ran to the toilet to try and cslm myself down before i try to calm anyone else down.

i walked out of the toilet and straight to the changing rooms where joão was. it was quiet in the changing room and the athosphere felt off.

-hey.- i sat down next to joão and laid my head on his shoulder. -i can't believe it.- he kept his head in his hands. -do you wanna listen for a little bit or should we be quiet?- i asked him to not frustrate him further.

-i'll listen- he smiled weakly at me. you could tell that smile was forced from an airplane.

-you'll have plenty of chances, you're still young. this is just your first world cup.- i ran my fingers through his damp hair. -i feel bad for ronaldo. i wanted to win with him.- he sighed.

-doesn't make him any less of the goat just because he doesn't have a world cup. it's okay, trust me.- he got up and started putting things into his bag. -alright, i should go now. bye.- i kissed him and went back to nicole and valèria.

.•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•.

-shall we go?- i asked the girls. -yea, let's go.- we headed out of the stadium and into our hotel. -bye!- we waved to valèria. she waved back sadly.

.•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•.

-could you believe that?- nicole was wiping away her tears. -our vacation is cut short just like that.- we sat at the table for a while talking about today.

-i'll see when we're going home.- she got up from the table and made a few phone calls. i decided to watch tv for a little more until i found out when we're going home.

-tommorow, 10am sharp outside of the hotel. a bus will pick us up.- she frowned. -let's take one last walk.- i said and got up to put on my shoes. -i'm so depressed.- nicole groaned.

.•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•.

-this was a well needed walk.- nicole sighed. -yea.. look, the jersey store.- i pointed at the store we bought our jerseys. -you're gonna make me cry, don't- she laughed while wiping a tear from her eye.

-i mean, i have a rich man, we can go back here whenever.- i shrugged and made her laugh.

-thank you for coming with me.- nicole hugged me. -no problem, i would always.- i kissed her on the cheek.

-shall we go and, you know, pack..?- she advised. -yea, i guess.- i smiled at her and we headed towards our hotel room.

.•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•.

-okay, i basically packed everything, a few thing that are left will be packed tommorow.- i sighed -same, good night.- she laid down. -our last night here!- i told her. -stop!- i heard her yell before the room went completely quiet. my eyelids were heavy and i drifted off to peaceful sleep.

.•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•.

11/12/2022, 8am

-bitch, let me use the bathroom already!- i heard nicole yell outside of the bathroom. -a minute!- i spritzed some perfume and let her in. -finally!- i went ahead and packed the rest of my stuff. i was getting kinda emotional when nicole said -breakfast time hoe.-

-alright, let's get some breakfast and one last walk. can i please invite joão?- i asked her. -sure, whatever.- she stuffed things into her suitcase.

while nicole packed, i called joão and we were gonna meet outside of our café. -ready to go?- nicole asked me. -yea, let's go.- we headed towards the café.

.•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•.

-hii!- i saw joão and ran into his arms. -hey.- he kissed me and nicole made a grimace. -guess i'm the third wheel now.- she shrugged.

we ate breakfast at the very same table we were getting to know each other a few weeks ago. -i can't believe all of this.- i said. -right? nicole, thank you for bringing your friend with you.- joão thanked nicole. -that's just what i do.- nicole bragged.

.•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•..•**•.

we walked for a bit more and decided to visit valèria for the last time. maybe the last time forever, but who knows. -hey, come outside for a minute.- nicole said to valèria on the phone.

-oh my god, hi guys!- she freaked out when she walked out of her hotel. she greeted everyone and we talked for a bit before it was time to go. i hugged her and i heard her whisper -thank you for everything.- i hugged her even tighter when i heard that.

-see you in portugal on new years?- nicole asked valèria. -i hope.- she smiled. -see you guys soon!- she waved at us while we walked back to our hotel. i turned around one last time to get a good look at her. she was still waving and wiping a tear from her eyes.