Chapter 20: Flying kites

Sia:

I was just checking Shraddha's College application as the front door opened and Shaurya along with Ansh entered the apartment.

"I will get something to eat for them and also us." Shraddha spoke getting up from the couch as I nodded at her without looking up.

Shaurya followed her inside while Ansh plopped down on the couch beside me.

"What are you doing?" He asked peeking at the laptop.

"I am flying kites." I sarcastically replied looking up at him as he gave me a confused look.

"Did I do something again?" He asked raising his hands in surrender as I chuckled shaking my head at him.

"That was a joke, I was just trying to be a little sassy." I confessed keeping the laptop on the table from my lap, as he laughed with me giving me a impressed look.

"So what were you doing?" He asked once again as I closed my Laptop.

"I was checking Shraddha's University application." He gave me a curious look gesturing me to elaborate.

"Is she applying for Foreign?" He asked scooting closer to me and opening my laptop again. I gave him a nod.

"What universities is she applying for?" He glanced at me, while in the midst of typing something, moving his fingers swiftly on the keyboard.

"The ones that offer the best designer course!" I stated in an obvious tone "And full scholarship, if possible." I added as he gave me a nod.

"What are you doing?" I curiously asked scooting closer to him and peeping in the Laptop.

"Ask her to apply for Evandale." He casually said clicking on some site. Evandale, Isn't that one of the most prestigious university of Newyork.

"You mean the one which is sponsored by Alex Uncle and Baba?" I asked giving him a questioning look. He finished doing something on the Laptop and slowly turned to me as I moved back realising we were too close.

"I am talking exactly about the University I, Adrian and Asher would be going to." He finished giving me a thoughtful look.

My Dad, Baba, Yash uncle, Vansh uncle, Alex Uncle and Daniel uncle graduated from. The years were different but all the same. And it was only fair that their children also study there. Although I and Shaurya had no particular plans to, Aavyansh, Adrian and Asher decided to follow suit.

"I will be going there too and so it will be a little familiar for Shraddha." He expressed his views as I thought about it. It's actually a good idea. He is right, that way Shraddha won't have any problem adapting to the new environment and I wouldn't have too worry too much about her safety too. It's a prestigious college and the facilities are really good, besides getting the best course, I will be at ease knowing she will be safe.

"I will ask her what she feels about it." I told him as he nodded. "Yeah sure, tell me if she agrees, I will have the admission seat taken care of. She will have to give the exam and I don't doubt that she won't pass." He informed me as I passed him a light smile. He was right, no matter how hard the entrance exam is, Shraddha won't have a problem passing it, because she was not only passionate but also good and determined about what she wanted to do.

"So you really don't plan to come along?" He asked keeping his hands together as he gave me a genuine look.

"You know what I feel about it Ansh?" I sighed looking at him with an unsure look. How could I go with him when I haven't even realised what I want to be. Going to a foreign University without being sure if the courses I want to apply for! What food is it going to do me? Confuse me more about my aspirations.