Chapter 48: Festival of love and lights

Author:

1 year later

The family was busy in greeting the guests, the atmosphere in the cozy Raichand residence buzzed with anticipation. Diwali had always been a grand affair for the Raichand and the Oberoi family, and this year was no different. Aavyansh and Shraddha, had returned from New York along with Adrian, Asher and Aiden to surprise their beloved ones, and were wearing the brightest smile on their faces.

In the dimly lit living room, diyas flickered, casting a warm, inviting glow. The family had finally gathered after getting ready, to perform the Diwali Puja, seeking blessings for a year of happiness and prosperity. The aroma of fresh flowers filled the air.

Shraddha's family too had gathered for the festival as they were invited by Rajveer and they had finally talked about their marriage.

"Ye kab ho gya?" Shraddha asked, heat creeping up her cheeks as Aavyansh chuckled at her, "You don't know, Shaurya ne to char saal phle hi tera rishta maang lia tha uncle se."

She looked at him wide eyed as Shaurya scratched the back of his neck feeling her eyes on him while the elders talked as they waited for Sia, Jyeshtha and Veer to come back from the Oberoi Mansion after lighting up the Dia there.

"When are these three going to return?" Shaurya groaned looking at the time in his watch as he couldn't wait to savour the sweets.

"BFF!" They heard a squeal as they turned around to find Sia, Jyeshtha and Veer on the door, Jyeshtha ran towards Adrian as he kneeled down taking her in a warm embrace.

"Awe I missed you." He whispered as she nodded, "I missed you more though!"

"You surely did sweetheart." He softly added.

"Missed you sweetheart!" Yug rolled his eyes at them as he and Aiden met Veer and Ishika.

"Hum to aapko yaad nhi hoge." Sia spoke coming from behind her as Veer hugged Adrian and they moved ahead to meet others.

Aavyansh's eyes were fixed on Sia as she hugged Adrian, she was wearing a white Lehnga and she wore a natural make-up which enhanced her features even more.

He couldn't help but remember the blue dress he chose for her, 'Ah! Whatever she wears, she is always so pretty.' He whispered as Jyeshtha chuckled at him.

Sia moved towards Asher as they both looked at each other, she could still see the pain he tried to hid away from everyone in his eyes.

She hugged him tightly without any words spoken between them and so did Asher, as she softly asked, "How have you been?"

"Better than ever." His voice broke a bit as Sia ruffled his hairs, "Don't lie to me."

"Umhmm really." He tried to convince her as Sia gave him a knowing nod as he moved away to meet Shaurya.

"You are so whipped Bhai!" Jyeshtha muttered as Aavyansh looked at her and took her in a tight embrace, "Ahh! I missed you so much Princess."

"Me too." She whispered back.

"So! Bhabhi kb bula skti hoon mai unhe?" She asked glancing at Sia whose eyes were fixed on Aavyansh as she teased him.

"Acha ar mai kb army wale se baat kr skta hoon?" He teased her back as he gestured at Yug, noticing the red in her cheeks.

"Bhaiya!"

"Princess!"

"I am not talking to you." She pouted folding her hands on her chest.

"Aavyansh don't tease our Princess." Asher spoke putting his hand on her shoulder as Jyeshtha cutely blinked her eyes at him.

"Hm dekhe na inhe!" She complained sticking her tongue out at Aavyansh.