chapter : 7

Y/N

"you drank alcohol?!"

i sighed at my family being dramatic early in the morning. i didn't say anything for now and just let my mother yell from the other line. i adjusted my phone against a glass on my kitchen island so that they can see me properly. i started making myself breakfast though i didn't feel like eating anything.

"did you get high? because i know your alcohol tolerance is terrible and you get high just aft-"

"no, mom i didn't." i roll my eyes while washing some veggies. "i was drinking after months so i didn't drink too much. just a few shots."

"what did the doctor say?" she was not letting my father be inside the screen because she knew dad would save my ass.

"he said it was fine."

"are you sure?"

i put the knife down and turned fully towards the camera. "of course. i also want to feel better soonest so i won't act stupid."

"we trust you with that, darling!" my dad yelled from behind and my mother finally let him be in the screen.

i laughed at how they were fighting to be in the screen more. the doorbell rang. "okay then i think someone's at the door. i will call you later tonight. bye, love you."

"love you too hon. take care." they waved me bye.

i walked to the door and opened it to see my maid, emi. i locked the door once she was inside the house.

"want some coffee?" i asked.

"no thanks." she placed her purse on the coffee table, "i have to leave soon today."

"alright."

she started the cleaning from my room and i went back to the kitchen. as my right hand was perfectly fine i was able to cut the veggies and i quickly made myself a sandwich and brewed coffee.

by the time i started eating my breakfast emi was mopping the living room floor. she was faster than me in this.

"what happened to your friend and her crush?"

over the few days even tho i met emi four times a week and who was in her early forties, we became comfortable around each other.

"oh they started dating three days ago, on his birthday."

a smile crossed her lips, "that's nice. who confessed first?"

"it was obviously grace."

"brave."

"everyone says the same." i smiled at the memories from that night.

everyone was really shocked at the confession and praised grace for taking a stand first. the best thing about this whole thing was noah was going to do it in few weeks but grace did it first. he was so proud of her.

"i must leave now. it's ok if you don't do the dishes since you have to leave early today-"

"no it's fine. i can do the dishes before i go. well its my son's graduation from middle school."

i stopped at my tracks and turned towards her. "congratulations to him and you, emi. wish him luck from my side."

"yes, honey."

i went to my room and changed into a blue plaided shirt over white washed blue jeans. i brushed my hair and took my bag out with me.

i reached my living room watching emi doing the dishes in the kitchen with a smile on her face. i put the envelope saying 'treat your son his favorite dessert', along with a few dollors on the coffee table.