chapter : 23

Y/N

after telling everything to grace, from meeting christopher's family to him taking me back home, she was looking at me with wide eyes and wide smile.

"i am so glad that you enjoyed!"

"thanks." i smile a little.

she's happy just knowing that i enjoyed, what if i tell her that christopher and i almost kissed?

i shook my head tossing the thought out of my head. i was thinking about it since it happened. i still am figuring it out what made me move forward, surprising was that christopher didn't move back.

was he thinking the same?

and then after he drove me back home, i called him chan — i can explain, that was because of his family. they called him christopher or chris rarely rather chan or channie was common. his cousins, even felix, called him channie hyung which was cute.

"i swear the manager is going to kill us someday." grace whined and i agreed. we are working continuously since the morning and instead of lessening the work, our company manager just keep adding files over and over.

"damn do he touch you, babe."

i choked on my food hearing noah's threat. grace was rubbing my back with a blush on her face.

"please don't die because of me, y/n."

"damn do you need to look around before saying something intimate to your girlfriend."

"that was intimate?" he asked.

"don't act fool." grace hit his shoulder. "where did you learn that phrase from?!"

"internet?" i asked him.

"internet." he told us. "well don't come at me all guys need internet to win a girl."

"no one does that now." grace rolls her eyes.

"like i said every guy does. even chri-" he stopped speaking.

huh? "what?"

"nothing." noah shrugged.

they kept flirting and i was third wheeling. for a while i was enjoying watching them being so in love and that did something to me.

being in love.
must be nice.

i was missing the feeling of being loved romantically. i looked at my friends as if looking back in my past where i was in love with someone too.

"oh.." noah's attention was on me once we were done with the day. "so you are not joining us tonight?" his face dropped.

i tried to make the same expression as him. "unfortunately i have my physio appointment."

"that's not unfortunate, ms. morrow what unfortunate is that you won't be able to see the dance gracie, felix and i prepared for tonight."

i laughed. "now that's really sad, should i cancel my appointment for your dance?"

"no, sweetheart." grace puts her arm on my shoulder. "we can do it again, exclusively for you."

"i am honoured." i bow jokingly. "anyways is christopher not going to join your dance?"

"he's an audience." noah sighs. "one of the two."

i chuckled. "i hope you get more audience in the coming future."

we passed a few more sarcastic comments until i checked the time. i bid a bye and exited the office. i was fine a few weeks ago with bailing the club but now i was jealous.

"good evening!" doctor spring perks up.

"good evening."

the session started and for about an hour i was shivering and sometimes screaming too. the exercises were really painful. the stretches almost made me cry.

"you good?"

"barely."

i was on my way back home when i received photos and videos of my friends back in club. caption says - "we've got a heart of ocean you know? can't let our friend feel left out!" that lit my mood up instantly and i forgot i was close to tears a few minutes ago at the hospital.

i swiped right to view all their photos - unknowingly counting heads until i find a curly blond. unlike last time, christopher wasn't looking sad instead smiling ear to ear.

grace :
you done with the session?

you :
yes
i'm on the train
will take another half an hour to get back

grace :
text me once you reach home
and christopher too

you :
okay

i frowned reading the last words but shrugged soon after.

after almost half an hour i reached my stop. i started walking out of the subway and then on the street taking me home.

i reached home and firstly got changed and freshen up. i checked my phone which was buzzing with unread messages.

grace :
have you reached?

i reply to her with,

you :
yes just now

then i clicked on another message which was from christopher.

christopher :
you reached yet?

you :
just now

three dots formed at the bottom left and i wondered if he was waiting for my message. that idea made my cheeks warm but i shook my head.

christopher :
okay great

you :
mhm
i should go make dinner

christopher :
right
i have to make mine too
happy meal :)

i chuckled.

you :
you too :)

i made the dinner, ate it and washed the dishes. i did some office work of editing and then finally decided to sleep when a mail pinged on my phone.

boss :
hello, miss morrow
this is to inform that i am assigning a project to you about a new advertising program, details will be sent further.
you may take a day leave or two for completing it.
thank you.

i sighed. then i groaned. grace was right when she said they will kill us someday.

"if only i had my own noah to say - damn do he touch you, babe."

i whined again but eventually clicked on another mail where details were the project details were sent. i scanned the whole thing and realized i can do it within few hours while the boss said i can take a leave for that.

i smirked evily and decided to take some advantage of the situation. happy knowing i was having a day off tomorrow, i messaged grace quickly. it was around 11 in the evening so i didn't bother to know whether she read my message or not. then i drifted off to sleep.

***

"my baby, i miss you so much." my mother says that for the eighth time now.

"i know, i miss you two too." i tell her that for the eighth time as well.

"do you plan to come home soon?"

"umm, dad, i will tell you once i get off time."

"okay-"

the bell rang and i gestured my parents to hold on for a second. i limped to the door quickly because the visitor were ringing the bell continuously. finally i opened the door just to be surprised.

"oh god."

—🥀—
sorry guys couldn't update sooner because of my lack of motivation..
i will upload new chapter tomorrow or day after tomorrow though!

thanks for reading 💗