chapter : 16

Y/N

i tightened the wrist support brace while staring down at the paperwork from the office. it's been two days since i last spoke to christopher. the whole situation gives me chills every time i think about it.

i did this to me. if only i was more careful. but again, he was doing this for me. he said that because he cared. the worry in his eyes, his voice, his face, i remember it all but i don't know how to react to this.

a message popped up on my phone screen and when i clicked on it, i saw a picture sent by grace. they were at the club : grace and felix side hugging each other while making weird faces, noah being high and had a drink in his hand. and even though i was trying my best to not think of it, in the whole picture my eyes were still searching for that person.

noah had his other arm wrapped around christopher's shoulder. i can't tell what i was thinking when i zoomed into the blond's face. imagined him smiling eye to eye with a drink or two in his hands but all i could see was a pursed lip smile, almost forced, and no spark in his eyes.

i clicked back and read the text grace sent after the photo : hope our love will help you get well sooner.

"i don't even know if i want to get well soon."

next day i got ready for office. emi insisted for resting for few more days but i needed to get out of the closed space and clear my mind.

when i walked inside the office grace was already shocked to see me. i didn't inform her neither my boss, i just showed up. for the first few hours i didn't talk to anyone more like excused myself.

judging from how noah was looking at me, shock and worry on his face, i wonder if christopher told him everything happened that day. i wonder if he is mad for upsetting his friend.

"you feel better?"

damn it.

i always judge people beforehand. i felt a thump in my heart realizing that noah wasn't mad rather worried. i lifted the corner of my lips up and nodded at him.

"you didn't let us go to your house to see you, we were worried but you are back now and it's all that matters."

"sorry for worrying you." i smiled again. "thanks."

"you didn't have to get back to work, you know?" grace leaned on my table.

"i am fine, grace." i lift my left hand. "just a few days and it will be back to how it was last week."

i wish i could say 'last year' but it all seemed impossible. everything was going wrong.

"y/n," grace called. "can we talk after office?"

"y-yes." i nod.

we went back to work. hours after hours passed. the sun went down leaving back it's orange hue all across the sky. i packed my bag as everyone started leaving the room.

across the room noah kissed grace goodbye and they parted ways, noah out of the office and grace towards me. she stood in front of me and i stood up too.

"there's this burger place near the station."

"sure. let's go." i tell her as we leave the place.

we entered the burger place and took seats. we placed our orders and it took a few minutes for our burgers to arrive. the whole time we didn't speak anything, just us two friends staring each other.

"here." grace hands me my burger perfectly wrapped so that nothing falls out while i eat with just one hand.

"thanks."