chapter six.

I don't remember the last time I slept so well.

I usually wake up tired, but as my alarm rings today, I feel refreshed. It's definitely because of the amount of time I spent with Soyeon.

I don't know how time passed that fast with her, but I remember when I was about to leave and we were trying to take the SIM card out of my phone — which still turned on, by the way — it was like 9 p.m. And it's so stupid but I loved those moments so much because it's the closest I've gotten to her. Our hands were touching and I could hear her breathing and it sounded cute. And then she smiled at me.

I smile thinking about it all.

I finally decide to move and turn off my alarm. Haku and Mata wait for me by the door as I stretch and get up, then follow them downstairs.

Jihyun smiles as she sees me. "Good morning. You look good."

"Well..." I start with a shrug, then feel my cheeks burning up thinking about everything. I lower my head as Jihyun starts to laugh. "Stop it!"

She keeps laughing, making my cheeks even redder.

"So," She says. "How did it go?"

"Can't you tell?"

"What? You fucked?"

I slam my hand on my forehead and laugh as Jihyun continues to do so aswell.

"No," I answer after a bit. "It was just nice being with her."

"Okay," Jihyun says. "I'm glad. What about your phone?"

"The screen should be repaired in about three days." I say. I actually took it to a shop because I don't wanna be seen around with my old phone for too long. It's a bit embarrassing. But I also have an attachment to my current phone, so I didn't wanna buy a new one.

"When can I meet her?"

I look up. "I don't know. I haven't even known her for that long."

"Bring her to the house sometime before I leave," Jihyun says. "I really wanna see her charm and everything. I can't miss seeing the person who makes you wake up like this."

I chuckle, but it kind of hurts when she uses the phrase 'before I leave'. I know there isn't that much time left for her here, but I still can't accept it that one day, Jihyun will leave.

"I've actually been meaning to tell you something." She says.

"Don't start it like that."

She chuckles. "Sorry. I know you hate it. But, um, there's been a little change of plans, and I'm kinda... working for Kim Minnie's family back in Thailand now."

I stare at her, my eyebrows raised, pure disbelief written in my eyes.

"And they want me there a week earlier than I was originally supposed to leave, so..."

"You have to be kidding me."

Jihyun shakes her head. "I'm sorry. I really am. And I'm sorry for having to leave."

"Having to leave? I've never even fired you!" I raise my voice, then feel bad.

"Yuqi."

"What?"

"You do realize your parents haven't sent in my payment for almost two months, right? They found out about the work opportunity Minnie's family offered me and have wanted me gone since then."

I feel dizzy.

"Well I can make up for it." I say quietly.

"I've already signed the papers to work at their hotel."