chapter eighteen.

I kept waiting for it every day, but there was no argument.

Minnie wanted us gone first thing in the morning, but when I woke up that day I found Soyeon feeding Haku and Mata popsicles and also eating one for herself. She said Miyeon gave them to her, and that they were homemade with watermelon juice only and nothing else. I chose to trust Miyeon on those, since she has grown up with dogs her whole life.

I remember watching her for a moment, because she looked happy. She was sitting on Minnie's windowsill and smiling so kindly at the dogs. They were also happy and their tails were literally spinning. Haku's, especially.

I got up and sat in front of her, and to my surprise, Soyeon actually apologised for what she said. I told her she didn't have to, and then she thanked me for the kiss because apparently it made her sleep better. That made me smile, and it gave me courage to do something.

I asked Soyeon if the dogs and I could stay with her. At least just for a little while, because I didn't want to be alone.

I have never seen her smile so brightly before.

We left Minnie's house after that.

For the past week, Haku, Mata, and I have been staying with Soyeon. I haven't brought my stuff here yet, except for my favourite plushie which Soyeon has been hugging every night, so I've been using and wearing hers. I love it, because I can constantly breathe in her scent in these. And the dogs smell like her now aswell.

But I'll have to get my things eventually. I actually think I'll sell my house. I mean, I can't live alone. I can do basic chores but I can't really cook. I'm too attached to Soyeon to do so. The house holds way too many memories, some belonging to others aswell. So, there's really no point in me staying there any longer.

Even better, Minnie came by the shop yesterday and dragged me into a dressing room only to tell me that she knows available housekeepers. I told her I want to sell my house. She said she knows a realtor. Minnie knows a lot of people by the looks of it.

Today I'm going to go to her house. Not just because she's going to put me in touch with the realtor, but also because she said she wanted to see me.

Today is also Shuhua's second-to-last day at 'I Feel'.

Tomorrow night I'm invited to a sleepover at her house. Miyeon is invited aswell. I don't want to see her because she's becoming a bitch.

I sigh, staring at Soyeon sleeping. As soon as I do though, she opens her eyes and smiles.

"How many times have I told you not to do that?" She says softly. I smile at her.

"How many times do I have to remind you? I'll still do it." I say, and I mean it because if I get to hear her talking to me this way, I'll do whatever.

Soyeon turns over, and I can picture her pulling my plushie into her arms. I can also imagine how nice it smells by now. I scoot closer to her and spoon her. The dogs notice we're awake and start wagging their tails.

"Oh, by the way," Soyeon says. "You were asleep, but Soojin called me and told me she bought us tickets to this festival thing that's tonight."

It immediately clicks in my head. There is indeed a festival. A lot of idol groups are going to be performing.

"Even me?" I ask, because I genuinely don't believe it. Why would Soojin want to invite me? She hasn't seen me since that incident at the café like two weeks ago. She doesn't even know me.

Or maybe she does. Soyeon knows me well. Maybe Soojin does too.

"Yes. Even you. She wants to get to know you."