chapter twenty-one.

I open my eyes and all I can hear is breathing. I guess Miyeon doesn't snore anymore. Good for her, she won't annoy people with it any longer.

I haven't slept at night, so I figure I must have fallen asleep at dawn or something. And I can't even grasp the fact that Miyeon has "changed" and is acting so different.

She kept apologising to me when we went to bed, saying that maybe I didn't need to know all the stuff she told me. But she wouldn't shut up, so I just told her to do so and that it's better for me to know as much as I possibly can because Soyeon doesn't tell me anything. Miyeon stopped talking after that.

Then we heard something break from the other room, and she got scared and clung onto me even harder than she already was. We called out to Shuhua multiple times, but she didn't answer. Miyeon started crying after that.

I really wanted to go home at that point, but she was crying too heavily and obviously, it wasn't Shuhua's silence that was bothering her. It was Minnie, and the fact that she left her alone when she should be there for her. Then she just started saying she was tired. It was a bad night.

Miyeon fell asleep after crying so much that her face was red and warm and her eyes were swollen. Since I couldn't sleep, I went on my phone and texted Soyeon, asking her if she was home and telling her that my house is being sold for four hundred thousand dollars. She didn't respond, and that didn't come as a surprise to me.

Then I went on Instagram and checked the comments on my post. Most of them were telling me how cute I looked and also complimenting Soyeon, some were saying we look good together and asked if we are dating. But then there was a small portion of comments asking why I didn't go to the festival with Shuhua, or asking if shit happened between us again.

I started getting ready to leave, because there was no point in staying any longer. I needed to be with Soyeon. There was already noise coming from outside Shuhua's bedroom, but I didn't care.

That was when the moaning started. Loud moaning. And Shuhua constantly praising someone, like telling them 'You're doing so good, baby' every second that passed.

I listened closely to the voices. The one who was being praised was, obviously, Soojin, because who else would it be? The cuddle buddy. I pressed my phone speaker against the door and started recording to show Soyeon.

And then I laid down and just closed my eyes, waiting it out. Waiting for the moaning to stop and to hear a door close so then I could leave. I ended up falling asleep.

Now, I listen to Shuhua and Miyeon's synced breathing. I don't get why Shuhua came back to sleep here. She could've just stayed in the guest room with Soojin's scent on that bed and maybe even something else staining it.

Miyeon hasn't pulled away from me the whole time. I can feel her breath fall on my neck and it's starting to irritate me.

I reach for the nightstand and grab my phone. I check my messages, but they're empty except for Jihyun's very late response to my text which I ignore. I open my chat with Soyeon.

are u home
i really want to leave
my house is being sold for 400k btw
areeee uuuu homeeee

No response. She hasn't even read them.

I sigh and gently grab Miyeon's wrist, moving her arm away from my waist. She makes a weird noise, like a cat purring but a bit softer. I look at her, expecting her to wake up and grab my hand and tell me to stay again, but she doesn't. Miyeon just sighs and continues her sleep.

I grab my purse from the foot of the bed, place my phone over it and put my shoes on. I look back at Shuhua for a bit. Sleeping so soundly, as if last night didn't happen and she didn't just call Soyeon crazy to my face.