chapter eight.

The sound of that old, outdated ringtone wakes me up. I can immediately imagine how puffy my eyes must look like, because they feel terrible due to how much I cried last night.

I reach for my nightstand. It's Soyeon.

"I'm mad at you." I say when I pick up.

"Okay."

She hangs up. I can't help but laugh, but despite everything, including what was said to me last night, I call her back.

"Still mad?" She asks.

"No. Talk." I reply, laying back down and putting her on speaker.

"Well, first of all, I'm sorry for not picking up last night. Unfortunately, Yuqi, I have a demanding job from which I demand a lot more from myself aswell and I can't be there all the time when you're crying at a party and want me to pick you up. And also, Minnie has more than one mansion in Seoul, so maybe you should've thought to tell me exactly which one."

She has to be kidding me right now.

"Cut the sarcastic tone and fucking be serious," I say. "I needed you. I seriously did."

"I know. I'm sorry." Soyeon says softly.

"A lot happened. My friendship with Miyeon is fucked and she probably wants nothing to do with me now."

"Can we just meet up somewhere and you can tell me what happened?" She says. "Because I also need to show you something interesting."

A smirk forms on my lips. "Sure."

I hear a high-pitched bark from her end, then smile as I realize she must also have Haru with her. "Oh, right. Someone's gonna be joining us."

"I'm happy to meet her," I say. "Where?"

"Just come to my house whenever you're ready. I'll take you somewhere."

I smile. She's so soft. "Okay. I'll see you then. I'm seriously not mad anymore."

Soyeon hangs up. I hug my pillow again and think about everything.

I was a little pissed off last night with Shuhua aswell, because she didn't do shit after seeing me leave. She didn't even ask if I went home or checked up on me afterwards or just something.

Minnie. I don't know what to say about her anymore. She sure seemed really different when she talked to me, and I couldn't help but notice how she talks the same way Soyeon does. Emotionless. Alluring. Endearing. And unnerving, at that.

Although, I don't think I hate her anymore. I lowkey feel bad for calling her a whore to her face, but I couldn't have known it was Shuhua who basically begged her to fuck.

No lowkey anymore. I feel really bad for her.

Maybe Minnie's just misunderstood. Maybe she just needs love. Maybe she just needs someone by her side to make her feel good and feel loved, and she's probably the way she is simply because she's just sad with her miserable little life.

I feel terrible. I can't think about her anymore without my stomach sinking.

Then I think about her words, and then what Miyeon told me. It's a little weird how they all know I'm hanging around someone, and Minnie seems to know who Soyeon is.

But I can't hate her. I can't be scared of her and I can't push her away from me even if I wanted to. She makes me feel good. She makes me feel loved and cared for. Which is why I only wanted her last night and no one else.

No matter what anyone says, whatever hints they give me, I'll still want her.

I grab my phone and check the time. 9:30 a.m. I should get up.