Chapter 1 - Sunny

My perspective is distorted.. Mari... you reached your hand out to me, but I know you cannot catch me. My friends... would they ever forgive me?

My friends...
My..? Friends...?

I think of what could have been, and it gives me chills. But maybe thats just the weather.. Maybe, today you guys can finally move on, I know that I am just the burden on you guys' back. A memory that serves the past, and for all the wrong reasons. And to my best friend, I hope that you can look forward, but never at the truth, for it scars whoever looks at it. Im sorry, Basil.. I know that on that day, you only wanted to protect me. I realize now that I could never repay your debts, so sorry again, Basil.. I don't deserve a friend like you.

Basil loved her and you killed her
Hero loved her and you killed her
Aubrey loved her and you killed her
Kel loved her and you killed her
You loved her and you killed her

She loved you and you killed her

"Our dearest Mari,"
"The sun shined brighter when she was here."

As the wind gusts past me I am taken back to reality, the world warps around me, and adrenaline rushes to my head causing my pupils to dialate.  The ground seems far away no matter how long I fall. No.. no, this can't be happening. I dont remember being taken here, I still cannot move. I suddenly find myself, falling with Aubrey, Kel and Hero, down a dark abyss. My poor friends.. what did I bring upon you?

As I drift off into a haze, my heartbeat slows, and I take in my surroundings. A million memories, all blacked out, flash before my eyes. I feel a sharp pain...

I deserve this.