Chronicles

Chapter Eleven~ Chronicles

⋅•⋅☾∘⋅•⋅

It felt strange now.

Now that she knew where she was stood she felt an odd sense of emptiness.

This wasn't right.

They should be here now, both of them in their fortieth years, telling her that all would be well.

Her mother would have comforted her by the fire, and then her father would have took his sword and slain that Brandon stark in his bed.

Or perhaps the other way around.

It didn't matter, it never would.

Because they would never be here again.

She imagined that this is what they smelt like.

Rain and Lavender.

The room had remained untouched for years, yet their signatures still remained.

The pillows on the bed even signified their presence, the left having one thin one and the right side having two fluffy ones with another to the side.

Vissera knew from the eyepatch on the left side and the necklace on the right, how it was they preferred to sleep.

It was strange to see it, the life they lived so carefree and normal.

She turned then to the overly large jar of Rose petals on the dresser, her hand reached to touch the glass.

It was cold against the pads of her fingers, the petals, untouched and preserved seemed more familiar to the room than she did.

"Father would bring her a Rose every day." Elaena smiled, walking to stand beside her sister. "I used to think it was the most romantic thing in the whole world." Her voice was solemn, yet her eyes glistened with loved memories. "I suppose it was the most romantic thing, I remember wanting nothing more than to be looked at the way they looked at one another."

Vissera's heart tugged again then, and she felt her expression falter.

They sounded like the most wonderful parents in the world, and she would have given her entire life away to a witch to know them for a short time.

There was dozens of plants stocked on higher shelves, she supposed to keep little finger from getting them, from what she could see they were various types of plants that would hand you a painful doom if the dosage right.

"She would read to us every night we stayed in here on that bed, all four of use knitted close together." Vaegon sighed, eyes lingering on the mattress.
"You'd insist on babying him, but you'd grow fussy so Mother would rock you whilst she read." He said to his eldest sister and youngest brother.

By four, Vissera knew that it was her lost brother he meant.
Aerys, another soul she had not got to meet.

She knew he had been kind, and in his last moments he gave his own life at seven years old to save his siblings. She knew she would have loved him, She had his Dragon and she liked to think that it was he who had gifted it to her from the after life as a guide of himself to aid her whilst he could not himself.

They were telling stories to Aegor now, stories of his childhood he could not remember, of moments with their mother and father.

Stories they could not tell her.

Suddenly her breath picked up and her head clouded. And then she couldn't think of a reason to stay in this room that tainted her with a life she had never had.