Desires

M

Chapter Forty-Two~ Desires

⋅•⋅☾∘⋅•⋅

She didn't get an ounce of sleep last night.

She'd waited for hours for him to wake up like a giddy child on their name day, she wanted to talk to him, get lost in his words and never found.

Was this what it was to be in love?

She wanted him to sleep so she didn't wake him, but she did admire him as he slept, traced messages across his skin that she was to afraid to say out loud. And when she played with his hair and he nuzzled closer with a soft smile on his lips, her heart sang out with such wishful joy she never wanted him to leave.

He mumbled in his sleep too, nothing she could make out and she had tried, but gave up when she kept getting lost in the notion of his heart beating below her hand.

When her new ladies came she rushed from the bed and straight to the door before a second knock could follow the first.

"Your bath Princess?" One of the serving girls smiled. "Your ladies have been woken, and await you to join them for breakfast in the gallery."

"Thank you Ana." Vissera smiled. "I would join them for lunch, tell them the morning is there's and I'll take my bath later." She said to the girl. "I'll take some breakfast in here though if you wouldn't mind." She was in such a joyous moon that even the morning maid questioned it after the door was closed.

"You seem happy." Vissera heard him speak.

And she whirled around to face him.

He still lay down, just angled better to see her. The sheets sat just under his waist, and his hair was messy from the sleep he had gotten in her company, his eyes were lingering open, just so his first sight of the day could be Vissera before convincing her to come back to bed.

"You scared me." She said with a smile and a gasp, before walking over to the fireplace. She lifted a piece of steel from the mantle and knelt to the ground.

Brandon watched intently with hooded eyes as she sparked a fire on the first try, then set to work placing wood in the heath as the flames began to burn warmer air into the room with them.

Then when she stood, the fire flowed behind her and she looked like a muse from heaven approaching him as he lay.

"Come to bed." He whispered, voice laced with dreams.

"It's morning." She smiled, climbing up toward him, letting the air kiss her skin as her nightgown rode up as she knelt on the bed.

"You make it sound like the position of the sun effects when I long for you." He reached for her hand, locking their fingers together and pulling her slightly faster toward him.

So he had meant it.

Last night hadn't been some sort of sick dream where he had told her he loved her just for her to wake up alone the next morning.

Vissera moved to straddle him and Brandon placed his hands on either side of her hips.

Her hair hung in pretty moonlit waves around her face, and her lips were still swollen from his kisses from the night before. He could make out the little marks that were turning deeper into purple he had placed on her skin.

"You long for me?" Vissera said as if it was a shock. And with a wicked smile she leant down to kiss his lips before sitting back up.

"I do, evidently because you my wife, look well and truly taken care of by my desires." He whispered. "How shameless!" He smirked back.