The winter solstice game

Most student vote jumping into the lake unclothed, and then have a feast after. One year, the winning team demanded the losing team to carry them around everywhere until the end of Winter, but the Professors interfered after two days when they agreed the punishment had been served.

***

"Is it really that much fun?" You lean over Poppy who ties her shoes and takes off the cloak as she gets ready for the game.

Her face glowing with excitement, she tucks on another Hufflepuff's uniform and smiles, "Do you remember last year?"

Laughing, the student nods, "Weasley, the older one, he was on the losing game and jumped into the lake. It was freezing cold and when he came out, his hair stood off" The hands stretched out above the head, the students pretends to be a hedgehog, "and then Gray came, and-"

"You think it was funny?" Garreth utters, his lips pressed together as he approaches you. "It wasn't fair play"

"Why what happened?"

"Ask your friend, Gray" Garreth hisses as he takes off his cloak as well, resting it on the Gryffindor bench, next to Natty, who shakes her head.

As soon as he has gone to the middle of the great hall where th players gather, she rises from her seat and leans closer. "I would not ask him about it. I heard his brother got angry and let it out on Garreth"

"He did?"

"Yes, his brothers were mean when they went to school here. Be glad you missed them" Nellie Oggspire joins the two of you, her eyes on Garreth, the shirt stretching over his biceps as he throws fists at Sebastian.

Laughing they grab one another, knocking each other off their feet and wrestling until another students gets between them and forces them to stand apart.

The tie hanging loose from Sebastian's neck, his hair ruffles from the fight, he grins and watches Garreth head over to the other side of the circle where the first team gathered.

Marked with white bands on their arms, the first team gathers around to decide who will take on what task.

"We are missing a player" Poppy calls out, counting the heads again.

All eyes wander around, students pointing and counting to realise she is right. "Okay, who wants to join?"

A wide grin on his face, Sebastian walks up to you and grabs your arm. "Come on, you and me. I'm sure we need someone as well"

"Sebastian, no. I do not want to play, and this-"

Ominis reaches out to pull you from the crowd, but Poppy is faster and cheers, "Salem can join, we are missing another Slytherin"

A sigh comes over your lips as you head to the other team, Sebastian's betrayed looks behind you as you take off your cloak and hand it to Natty, who pats you on the shoulder. "And who will be my partner?"

The chest puffed, a button standing off as he rests his hand on your shoulder, Garreth grins, "I'll take you, if you promise to take Sallow down a notch in the duel"

"How do you know we'll have to duel him?"

His face close to yours, the back turned to the other team, Garreth chuckles when he places an arm around you. "Trust me, he won't miss an opportunity to fight me" The eyes on Sebastian as he reaches around you, Garreth laughs, places his hand on your butt and pulls you so close, his nose brushes over your cheek. "Especially now"

"Weasley" Alec belts from the other side of the circle, the face red as he points his wand in your direction.

Watching as Atticus attached the black band to his arm, then Alec's he shakes his head and grabs both Alec and Sebastian who are about to dash forward.