Flight of a seeker

Just as Ominis wants to answer, Alec and Akira drop their brooms and rush over to lift you off the ground, their cheers filling the air as they carry you off, Atticus behind them, scoffing as he picks up the brooms and brings them back to the stand where they belong.

"Where are you going?" Ominis asks, left alone on the field. Without an answer, he pulls out his wand to navigate, but the noise of Akira and Alec still behind him grows louder again, and out of the blue Alec hooks his arm into Ominis's. "What is going on?"

"We're off to the lake, to cool down before the next round" Akira yells out, you on his shoulders as he takes the lead and walks over the bridge that leads past the forbidden forest. All the while he cheers, his hands holding on to your legs as he jumps around.

At last, you reach the lake and Akira takes off his shoes, struggling as you remain on his shoulders, but unable to do anything, you watch as he storms into the lake, throwing you into the cold water that washes over your body.

Splashing around, playing and wrestling one another, you spend much time in the lake, then walk out, the gear dropped off, just in the jersey and trousers, warm sand scratching against your feet, sticking to your skin while the water dries in the sun. A handful of water splashed at Ominis, you drop beside him and lean your wet head onto his shoulder.

"Do you really want to be on the Quidditch team?" Ominis asks, his hand pushing off the wet strands of hair that hang from your head. "It will not be as easy as practise"

"I know that, but it is fun, and I have not had fun in a while, it was always chasing after this and that, getting hurt and, for once, I want to do something for fun"

"I understand, then I will watch your first game"

Laughing, you pour sand onto Ominis trousers, "Are you mocking me, Gaunt?"

His head tilted, Ominis listens to the others play in the water, then lets out a sigh, the warm wind blowing against his back. "I wish I wasn't. For once"

"Well, there might be a way to-"

"Salem, please stop, you sound like Sebastian"

Your mouth shuts at once, the name lingering in the air as you both sit in silence, the voices of Akira and Alec yelling out while Atticus throws one after the other into the lake, pressing their heads under water.

"Dragonfighter, come on!" Alec yells out, the head under water when the words have left his mouth as Atticus pulls on his leg.

Laughing, you join in, jump on Atticus's back and cause him to fall over, face first into the wet, dark lake.

He yells out, pulls you off his back and throws you so far into the water, when you dive into the cold, your eyes open to see the giant tentacles vanish into a crevice. Still watching, your body sinks farther, but then a set of hands grips you by the waist and pulls you back to the surface, the face before you, a smile on his lips. "New hobby of yours?" you inquire, snickering at Akira, who shoves you away from him, then spins around to splash some water at you.

"Just trying to keep you alive 'til we've won the season"

The mouth ajar, you swim forward and push Akira under water, screeching when Alec grabs you and tosses you at Atticus, who catches you and throws you back into the water where you dive down and unseen by the boys use the disillusionment charm to sneak up on Atticus, the hands on his legs to pull him under water.

A giggle comes over your lips as you rush out the water, the spell still cast on you and jump against Alec, causing him to stumble and drop into the lake as well. The spell lifted, you head over to Ominis, the noise of the three guys behind you, fighting one another and playing.