Squid

"Salem, I am sorry" The words roll over his lips with such pain, you cannot help but pull him closer, his arm wrapped around you as you rest your head on his shoulder. "I am sorry I hurt you, and used you. Please forgive me, you are all I have left"

"You still have Ominis" The rain streaming over your face, drenching Sebastian's cloak, you turn your head to look at him, but his face turned to the ground, he does not return the glance, "He is your best friend, and he will understand"

His eyes dim, the hope slithered from his body, Sebastian looks at you, the fingers brushing over the metal in your face. "No, I have lost him, and I deserve it, I know that, but I still have you, right?"

"Yes, and I will always be your friend, but you need to be careful from now on. I promise I will do whatever I can to help Anne, but Sebastian, no more dark magic, promise me that"

Thunder growls in the distance and lighting splits the sky above, but the two of you do not care. Sebastian's forehead leant against your, the arms around you body, you stand still, listening to the water splatter around, your clothes drenched, dripping to the ground, a puddle formed underneath your feet.

"Just, please don't leave me"

The fingers caressing his neck and brushing along his jaw, you lift his head to meet your glance, "I am here as long as you are too" Snickering, you lean in to hug him, but as you move closer, his head lifts and his lips land on yours. So soft and light, for a second you doubt it actually happened, but when you open your eyes, the freckles before your nose tell you it has not been another dream or vision. Smiling into the kiss, your hands wander over Sebastian's neck to his hair, gripping him as he pulls you closer, refusing to let you go.

Feeling the warm touch of his skin on yours as the hands wander underneath your shirt, he flinches at the touch of your cold skin. "Salem"

"It's fine" you whisper, not wanting to break the kiss, but Sebastian leans back, his eyes on you as he pulls you even closer, "You are freezing, Salem what happened to you?"

A sigh coming over your lips, you lean back the head, the crimson hair hanging off like the branches of a weeping willow, water dripping off them to the wet and dark ground. "I am fine"

"You are not"

The shimmer of his hazel eyes against the light of the moon above, you sigh at the sight of his pouty lips. Taking a deep breath, you close your eyes to gather your thoughts and tell him about the map chamber, and how there is an entrance behind the gate past the sleeping dragon, and the trials, what the keepers have asked of you, the battles you have fought without him, about Ranrok who wants to get all the evil magic he can, and Rookwood, why he threatened you and that you intend to defend the hidden magic against the evil men. "-But now, I feel like losing control. And the more I fight it, the worse it gets. So-" Your eyes linger on Sebastian, his face turned to the ground, the arms removing from your body as he steps back.

"Sebastian, I did not mean-" In that moment the door swings open and, an umbrella over his head, Ominis steps out into the dark.

"Salem, are you here? Atticus told me you-"

"Atticus? You talk to Gray now as well?" Sebastian scoffs as he stares at you and storms past Ominis, the shoulder bumping against the Slytherin boy, causing him to stumble backwards against the door.

Shaking your head, you rush over to get a hold of him and prevent Ominis from dropping to the ground. "Are you okay? What happened between the two of you?"

"I should ask the same" Ominis straightens up and brushes some water off the cloak, then grabs your arm and drags you inside with him. Using the drying spell, he pats you on the shoulder and smiles when your clothes are no longer drenched. "I told him that I refuse to aid him any further in his pursuit of a cure, and that he shall leave you out of it as well. I do not want you harmed"