Obliviate

"You" a raspy voice hisses, its tall body filling out the doorway, the footsteps clicking on the ground along a cane that knocks on the wood as he walks closer. "Powerful like your mother, but unable to use it, let me show you"

Alone in the abandoned mansion, the wolf vanished from sight, your eyes wander to the tall, dark figure whose arm shoots through the air, catching one of the burning bits of painting, the youthful face turning to ash, the bits of ember rushing to the ground, the last piece of painting sailing through a hole to the lower level.

Gusts of wind blow through the ruins of the building, the figures dark cloak swaying over the ground, hugging them tight, but when you lift your head to look at them properly, your hood flies off your head, revealing your face, the golden eye, and red hair that flies over your shoulders.

The wand in hand, you stand still, watching as the figure leans onto a cane, the head lowered. In the dark, you cannot make out the figure's face, but its deep breaths tear on your ears as the clicking of the cane on the ground comes closer. "Who are you?"

A bright grin on the dark face, the man lifts his head, the moon shining against his back, forming a long shadow on the dusty ground. The eyes resting on you as he steps closer, only the cracked ground with loose floor boards between the two of you, he takes his hat off and grins. "I am Dorian Gray, you have heard of me?"

"Should I have?"

"Yes" his cold voice sending chills down your spine, you turn towards the burnt frame that held the family portrait, "This is my house" The hand reaching out to you over the broken ground, the man stares at you. "Join me, and we will achieve great things"

"Why should I?"

"Stubborn like your brother, and still, he follows me now"

Clenching your jaw, the eyes on the man opposite to you, your heart races at the sight of the wolf, limping in direction of the entrance, but as if an invisible barrier stopped him, he remains outside the fallen apart house. "You are the one that hurt my wolf. How can I follow someone so cruel?"

His eyes darting to the wolf that lowers its head, the man waves a hand and the front gate shuts, the wood creaking as it drops out of the final hinge and bursts apart on the ground, a cloud of dust covering the wolf that coughs and limps away into the dark.

"Just like your brother, you have no worth" the dark figure hisses in direction of the animal.

Your eyes widen as you look where the wolf stood moments past. Opening your mouth, you take a deep breath, staring at the man. However, you are unable to speak as he steps around the broken ground and approaches you, his hand on your shoulder.

"I will ask you one last time to join me"

"Never"

His mouth twitching, the grip on your shoulder tightens, and his wand lifts to your face, the tip pressed to your cheek. "Then hand me what's mine, and perish".

With the last word rolling over his lips, the floor shakes and a hoard of inferi rises from the ground, crawling through the fallen debris and ruins of the house. With the man distracted as the undead attack, you wrest your arm from his grasp and rush out of the mansion, the eyes turned for the wolf, but it does not come to sight.

Stumbling through the woods, you fall over a root and hit your knee, yelping as the pain resonates through your leg. A quick spell and you are up again, looking around for the wolf, but then hear the snarls of inferi rushing your way and before you can escape, they have circled you, Dorian Gray in his long cloak dashing forwards to grab you, but the same time his hand touches your skin, the wolf jumps at him, biting his arm.