Chasers all around

"Well, yes, all the chasers were girls for a while, we got Loxley for Anne's position now, but we do still need a seeker. Right, Captain?" The eyes turned to Atticus, who scoffs and continues eating, Akira laughs, "Anyway, we're just practising for now, but if you want to attend the try-outs at the beginning of the new school year, you are more than welcome"

The eyebrows wrinkled, you lean closer to Ominis. "Why are all the chasers girls and the beaters guys?"

At last, Atticus breaks his silence and laughs, "Are you calling Loxley a girl?" His glance wanders to you as you open your mouth, but shrugs, "Joking. They are usually smaller and thus faster, and Alec and I have a fable for, well-"

"Knocking others off their brooms" A familiar students with a yellow rimmed robe wanders past and smiles at you, "Hey, Morningstar. Others" The eyes on Atticus and Alec, they shake their head and have a seat at the table as well.

"I know you, don't I?" You say, sipping more of your juice.

"Kat Harrington, Hufflepuff chaser. I saw you when you first arrived. We had some practise for the next match, and that knucklehead over here knocked me off the broom"

The arms thrown up, his eyebrows raised, Alec snickers, "Not my fault if you don't wear the right gear"

"Not your fault? You don't need to kill me on the field"

A smirk on his lips, Alec leans closer to the younger Hufflepuff and places his arm on their shoulder, "That's not the only place I kill"

"Ew" Kat utters, rising from the table and walking off to the Hufflepuff table where some others ask what happened. Their expressions say it all when they look over to the Slytherin table and stare at Alec, who shrugs his shoulders.

Letting out a sigh, you turn to him and shake your head. "You need to stop, or the next one to get killed is you"

"You know what? Go ahead, you and me, on the field, half hour"

"All right"

His eyebrows wrinkled at your blunt answer, Alec leans back in his spot, a bright grin on his face. Akira on the other hand scoffs and shakes his head, the blond hair falling into his eyes. "Don't encourage him"

While the three guys leave, you and Ominis remain at the table and finish breakfast. Together you stroll to the common room and get ready for the day, as you, like many, have not put on a uniform or anything, but trousers and a loose shirt with your robe on top. At the sight of a letter on your bedside table, you scrunch your face and read the short line, written in almost unidentifiable handwriting.

Please stop. I need more time

With a soft sigh, you accept that at least he is still alive, then turn to see how the letter may have ended up there, but neither Gustav nor any other animal is in sight. With no idea as of what to think, you dress yourself in proper attire, and head out, followed by Ominis, who warns you about the game and the others, but agrees to stay until the end. Just in case.

The bright morning sun warms your faces as you head out, but do not get to walk far since Madam Kogawa calls out for you and when you follow her wave in your direction, she leads you to the storage for Quidditch equipment.

"You are smaller than I thought" she whispers, holding some Quidditch jersey to your chest, then shakes her head. "Let me see," A bright smile on her face she pulls out a different jersey, smaller than the others, the number 3 on the back. It has a few holes here and there, but pleased with her find, she gestures for you to try it. "I'll see if I can find the cloak and some gear for it as well"