The greenhouse adventure

"Come on, Salem, let us join them." Ominis's hand in yours, he follows the signs that lead into the first Glasshouse to the left where Professor Garlick stands with two more students to greet you.

The arms waved, wearing a dark green cloak that spreads like bat wings, Professor Garlick hands each of you a small green beetle that whirs in your hand. "Welcome to the chase. You are allowed to use all spells you have learnt so far or feel save enough to use."

"And the point of the game?" you inquire, inspecting the small beetle that rolls up and rests in your palm, the warmth of your hand calming it.

"Well, Mx Morningstar, there are some creatures around the Greenhouse that love those beetles. The point is to find and bring one to me. Do not harm them though, or they will bite." Her eyes on the lights that float around. "Aren't they spectacular, our Ms Sweeting came up with them, and some more Hufflepuffs helped with the decorations."

"Truly wonderful, you are right, Professor," you state, hold the beetle in your hand and follow the gesture of one of the students, out the second door, into the glasshouse. "I wonder what creatures might hide here," you mumble, Ominis passing.

A broad smile on his face, he nudges you in direction of the first tree, inspecting every branch. "I am certain those are rose beetles, a delicacy for-" The wand held up to a small hole in the trunk of the tree, he laughs, "Salem, look at this."

From the small hole appears a small creature, long and thin like a stick, green as the leaves on the tree, the big round, brown eyes staring at you as you lift the beetle with two fingers for the creature to take. With one small foot on your finger, it grips the beetles, munching on it so fast, you struggle to see how it happens, and before you know, a green wing sails to the ground. "Bowtruckles, how adorable."

Another one, much smaller, sticks its head out the hole to look at you, then a third and before you know it, seven of them sit on the branch, all eager to get a treat as well.

"Salem, I've only got one beetle, we cannot feed all of them."

"Sure we can." You lift your hand, conjuring a few more beetles and let each Bowtruckle take one. With the last beetle lifted of your hand, you chuckle as their tiny feet tickle against your skin. The hand still held out, your eyes glued to the creatures, Ominis grips your shoulder and gestures to his arm.

Along the wand, past his hand sits a small Bowtruckle, still some pieces of the beetle between the small paws, chewing while you are curious about it. However, when you lean closer to have a better look, something jumps onto the back of your head, snuggling into your twisted and tied back hair. "Ominis, I believe we have got ourselves some new friends," you state, proud to feel the small feet tap on your skin.

Back in the Glasshouse, you wave at Professor Garlick, who grows excited at the sight of the small Bowtruckle on Ominis's arm, but when the other Bowtruckle peaks out from your hair, she cannot help but giggle. "Oh, Patrick, I wondered where you might have gone." The hand held out for the Bowtruckle to climb onto, Professor Garlick smiles. "I rescued a few of them when I was younger. Muggles had cut down their trees forcing them to leave their homes, and when I heard them cry I could not resist." Watching the small creature balance along her arm, Professor Garlick produces another beetle to offer and the Bowtruckle chirps as it takes the beetle. "Have you found anything else?"

"There is more?"

One of the students nods their head with such force, the hair falls into their face. "Much more, you will be so happy when you get to see the-" clearing their throat, the student presses their lips. "Just keep looking, I am sure, you'll find them."

Back in the glasshouse, you hear a triumphant call and spin around to see two younger Gryffindors stand near another tree, a small Bowtruckle feeding on a beetle. Excited, they carry the small creature on their arm into the glasshouse to hear the story Professor Garlick has told you as well.