¤Chapter 5

Dead ends

Dead ends.

They had all reached dead ends so far. It had been 3 days since the physical search operation began and nobody could find anything.

Their allies all returned empty-handed and had no clue either as to who the mysterious rosette was. Jaehyun never mentioned anything about his sister in any formal meetings and Seohyun had managed to hide her identity, from the world, very well.

Yet another day had begun, and the Azurites had to follow the same routine as they did for the past 3 days, hoping to find something with each passing moment. They took shifts to search day and night non-stop. All of them were tired but they wouldn't stop until they found Seohyun.

It was Jeno, Jaemin, and Jisung's turn that day, while Mark, Donghyuck, Chenle, and Renjun got to catch a break at home from working the preceding night.

"I am going to the cafe," Donghyuck announced as he emerged from his room, dressed in casual attire to blend in with the public. "Does anyone want anything?"

Although Donghyuck didn't show it, he deeply cared for all his members. They had been his family and stuck with him for longer than his own family ever had, and he was grateful for it.

Chenle looked up from his laying position, with his head on Mark's lap, "Donuts for me," and laid back down to continue the game on his phone.

Apart from the mafia business, they were just 7 normal boys hustling through life. One could never tell by their appearance about their job. But these playful puppies turned into wild wolves when on missions. Maybe it was the reason why Azurites were the most feared.

"Mark?"
"Get me some pastries."
Donghyuck gave him a thumbs-up as he mentally noted both their orders. He then looked around the living room to find Renjun missing.
"RENJUN," He yelled loudly so that he could be heard by Renjun who was in his room, "I AM GOING OUT, DO YOU WANT SOMETHING?"
"JUST LEAVE, THAT'S ENOUGH FOR ME," came his reply from upstairs. Donghyuck rolled his eyes at this but left bidding goodbye to Chenle and Mark.

¤

"Bye." Said Haeyoon while putting on her shoes by the door.

"Bye," Seohyun replied habitually, "Wait, where are you going though?" realizing that Haeyoon was leaving.

"The cafe. I'm meeting up with Dahee to buy her mum a gift for dinner later tonight. Wanna join?" She asked, eyeing Seohyun's lying figure on the couch.

"No thanks, I'll skip,' she said as a wave of cramps hit her. She clutched her lower abdomen and shut her eyes tightly, clenching her jaw to endure the pain.
"Did you take the painkiller?" Haeyoon asked worriedly.
"I did, but it will take time for action. You go." She managed to say, still in pain, as a stray tear drop slipped past her closed eyes. Haeyoon was contemplating staying but was shooed out by Seohyun when she got caught still lurking by the doorway.