¤Chapter 19

Silence

Silence.

The room fell silent as each member took their time to absorb the newly revealed information.

Everyone turned their heads towards Jaehyun.

Nobody had expected that revelation except for Taeyong and Doyoung, whose jaws were dropped at the fact that Jaehyun was the one to speak those words.

"Yeah, Seohyun joined Azure Blaze," Jaehyun repeated his words in case they hadn't heard him correctly the first time.

"WHAT?" Came the question from Johnny, who was stood still in his previous position in the centre of the room and was now baffled.

Everyone turned their heads towards Johnny.

"You knew about it too?" Asked Doyoung from the other end of the room. Although it slipped out unintentionally, he did become the centre of attention now.

The atmosphere in the room felt like watching a tense badminton match. Everyone turned their heads from one side to another as the shuttle of questions bounced from one member to another.

"What do you mean by too?" Asked Yuta, who was sitting beside Jaehyun.

Everyone turned their heads towards Yuta.

"You knew about it?" Inquired Taeil from across Doyoung, staring at him as if it had been revealed that he betrayed them.

Everyone turned their heads towards Taeil.

Doyoung was at a loss of words after making eye contact with Taeyong who was burning holes in his head with disappointment plastered on his face.

"Not only him but me too," spoke up Taeyong from Jaehyun's other side, deciding to take the matter into his hands.

Everyone turned their heads towards Taeyong.

"What is going on? Can we talk about one thing at a time?" Said the last member, Jungwoo.

Yup, You're right. Everyone turned their heads towards Jungwoo.

"Okay so," began Taeil, intending to approach each topic one by one.
"Firstly, Azure Blaze's newest member is our Seohyun," he said looking at Jaehyun for confirmation, to which he received a nod in return and affirmation to continue his statement.

"Next, not only Jaehyun but also Doyoung and Taeyong knew about this news?" He asked glancing at the mentioned members, to which they nodded too.

"Then-"

"Hold up," Jaehyun cut in between Johnny's sentences.
"When and how did you two get to know about this?" He pointed at Taeyong and Doyoung, raising his eyebrows questionably.

"It's a long story," said Taeyong as he began explaining the 'when' part. Doyoung had to explain to them the 'how' part of their tale.

By the time the two narrators finished narrating the tale of 'Courageous Jung Seohyun', every person in the room was shaken. Thousands of emotions were felt by different members at the same time- worry, confusion, anger, resentment, relief and even a tiny ray of happiness.